Chapter 2.65(Magic and Sword) - 2.66(M&S 2)

CHAPTER 2.65

The day of the competition had finally arrived. The atmosphere around the academy was electric, with students buzzing with excitement and anticipation.

The massive arena, was filled to the brim with all year students, teachers and guests.

Banners fluttered in the breeze, and the cheers of the crowd created a cacophony of enthusiasm that echoed through the air.

Hiroka, Riku, Mei and the siblings, Sheln and Kleo, stood at the edge of the arena, taking in the sight before them.

The arena was grand, with tiered seating surrounding a large, open field where the duels would take place. The academy, known for its wealth and prestigious education, had spared no expense in ensuring this event was a spectacle.

"This place is huge," Kleo marveled, his eyes wide as he took in the arena's size and the throngs of cheering students.

Sheln nodded, feeling a mixture of excitement. "Yeah, it's impressive."

Mei turned to look at Riku and Hiroka. "Good luck out there."

Hiroka nodded to her with a smile and then he felt hand on his shoulder. Riku was giving him reassurance,"You've trained hard. Just remember to stay focused and not overdo it."

Hiroka had been training so hard for the past two weeks, honing his skills and pushing his limits, but not to the point that he'll collapse and his sickness will fill in. Right now, He felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

"I will. You should be careful too," Hiroka said to Riku and Riku nodded in agreement.

Kleo chimed in, "You both should go. Better be prepared than not."

Mei added, "I'll find a vacant seat along the way. And I made you some cookies."

Sheln's eyes twinkled. "Mei, you didn't forget about the cupcakes, right?"

"Of course, it's all here-" Mei's smile suddenly dropped. She looked surprised as she peered inside the basket she had been carrying since they arrived. It was full of baking ingredients.

Hiroka asked, noticing Mei's reaction, "Something wrong?"

Mei replied with a troubled look, "I must have switched the basket in my hurry."

Mei remembered that after she baked and carefully divided the cookies, putting them in a basket with labels of her friends' names, another female student had come to bake cookies as well.

Mei had been cleaning the utensils and didn't realize it was almost time for the competition to start, which made her rush. She must have taken the wrong basket because the two were beside each other.

Mei turned to glance at Sheln and Kleo and said, "I better go back. You both go ahead and find a sit without me."

Kleo asked, "Isn't it difficult to find us with this many people?"

Hiroka and Riku exchanged glances, both sensing Mei's disappointment."Mei, it's okay,
You don't have to go back. We can manage without the cookies."

"But I wanted to give you all something special before the competition," Mei insisted, her eyes earnest.

Hiroka smiled reassuringly. "Your support means a lot to us, Mei. The cookies can wait. What's important is that you're here."

"But I promised to make it for you; I should go back. Don't worry, I'll be back before the competition begins."

Kleo and Sheln exchange glances. Mei's determination was evident in her eyes as she turned to leave, but Kleo quickly stepped forward. "Will go with you. It'll be faster if we three go, and safer too."