Chapter 2.53 (Practical 4) - 2.54 (Practical 5)

CHAPTER 2.53

Riku's test has already started. He did not bring a sword to battle Professor Keda; instead, he will employ earth magic first, followed by met magic depending on how far he has advanced in his magic.

Hiroka felt a tap on his shoulder, causing him to turn away from Riku's battle.

He looked to see who it was. Mei grinned at him.

"Mei. You did great today out there," He says.

Mei smiled, though there was a hint of uncertainty in her eyes. "Thanks, It means a lot coming from you."

He nodded, then his expression became serious as he thought about the heroine.

He whispered, in a voice that only he and Mei could hear, "Be careful around Lady Hotaru. I've seen a different side of her."

Mei's eyes widened slightly. "What do you mean?"

"..."

Hiroka hesitated, then sighed. "Just... don't trust her blindly. She's not as genuine as she seems."

Mei nodded slowly, taking in his words. "I'll be careful. And thank you, Hiroka. For everything."

As the conversation between Hiroka and Mei settled into a quiet understanding, the ground beneath them shuddered, drawing their attention back.

Riku stood with his hands outstretched, manipulating the earth around him. Professor Keda observed with a keen eye, his stance both relaxed and ready.

Riku focused, his brow furrowed in concentration. With a swift motion, he raised his arms, and the ground responded.

Columns of earth erupted around him, forming a protective barrier.

Professor Keda smiled approvingly but quickly countered, sending a wave of his own earth magic crashing into Riku's defenses.

The impact was powerful, and debris flew everywhere, leaving the observers in awe.

Fortunately, they were not near the fight, or else debris would have been directed at them.

Riku stood firm, reinforcing his barrier with layers of rock and soil. With a deep breath, he extended his control further, causing the earth beneath the professor to shift and crack.

Keda leapt back, dodging the sudden fissures.

"So strong," Mei whispered, her eyes wide with amazement.

Hiroka nodded, a hint of pride in his voice. "He's been training hard. But this test isn't just about power. It's about control and strategy."

The professor, recognizing Riku's growing confidence, decided to escalate the challenge.

He raised both hands, and massive boulders began to levitate, orbiting him like planets around a sun. With a thrust of his arms, he sent them hurtling towards Riku.

Riku's eyes shone with determination. He fell into a low stance, concentrated his mana in his hands, and quickly formed a metal barrier around him like a shell to protect himself, complete with spikes to intercept the rocks.

Everyone who saw it was amazed. He was able to reach the level of AEM (Advanced Elemental Magic).

As the boulders flew toward Riku. Each impact caused tremors in the ground, but Riku held his ground.

Dust was everywhere, and as it disappeared. A shell studded with metal was still intact, however it had a dent from the collision. The metal slowly collapsed, and Riku was visible inside with a fatigued expression. Sweat was already running down his face.