CHAPTER - 8

[RUTH]

"You look like you want to kill someone" Marcus says watching me.

"That's because I want to, would you like to be my guest I'll be more than happy to bury you under the ground"  i say looking at him

"Seriously Man! What's with you and wanting to kill me all the time, poor me got stuck with you for this life" he mumbled and i chuckled at his comment.

He poured himself a drink and sat on the couch "Is it that girl from the airport ? What was her name again.. Ava right ? "  Taking a sip from his glass he asked.

"I can't believe I'm finally getting a sister-in-law." he said dramatically.

Marcus is an important person in my life and I'm happy that he accepted her.

I couldn't help but smile when he called her sister-in-law.

"Didn't you go to her college to stalk her, ah I mean to watch her" he said smiling like a fox.

Shooting him a glare I said "I went but she was not there today either. She hasn't attended college these past two days."

"Maybe she's not feeling well or didn't feel like attending class it's common you know"  he said.

I remember her pale face the other day maybe Marcus is right she is ill.

But that thought doesn't sit well either if she's ill that means she's suffering. Damn I want to be with her and personally take care of my little lamb until she's back to normal and healthy.

Fuck it "Marcus send two of our men to her college ask them to find out why she didn't attend college. Right now."

"Alright, I'll inform them right away" and he left.

Why is it taking those fuckers this long to get the information. It's been half an hour since I gave the order. I know I know I'm being impatient but I can't help it when it comes to her.

Letting out a sigh I focused back on my work and after some time there was a knock on my door and Marcus entered his face grim.

"what is it ?"  He was silent and I know whatever he's going to say I won't be liking it one bit "what is it marcus ?" I asked him again with command in my voice.

"She is getting married, tomorrow" he said.

Uncontrollable anger took over me "what the fuck did you just say ? Marriage ? She's fucking getting married?" I  laughed like a maniac "Like hell I'll let that happen... she's mine." I roared.

"When our men went to her college and inquired, the principal said that Ava's father informed him that she'll no longer attend the college. That they are migrating because of his work." Listening to Marcus words only makes my anger even worse.

"Then why the fuck there's no information about this fucking marriage and migration In her file" I snapped.

"That's right it's not mentioned because the migration part is a lie" he says looking at me and continues "The principal also said that it's so out of her character not to inform him directly. Apart from her father they haven't heard from Ava these last two days."  He says.

He put the file down on the table that he brought with him "I find it a bit odd so I hacked her phone there were so many missed calls and text messages from her best friend Alisa but none were answered. And when i looked into the matter even more that's when I found out that a marriage has been arranged for her."

Of course it's an Arranged marriage. She never had a boyfriend before.

"And what else ?"  I ask him knowing that there's more to the story.

"His father is practically selling her daughter for money. And the guy he chose for her is trash." His face Disgusted  "This file has all the information about him." He tapped his finger on the file sitting on my table.

Uncontrollable rage took over knowing what she is going through right now. I took the file and opened it, his name is Daniel Martin, a drug dealer owns a casino and a club , suspicions that he's involved in human trafficking.

I threw the file across the room. If that motherfucker lays a hand on my women I'll rip him apart with my bare hands.

I looked at Marcus his face as angry as mine "You know you have my support brother, lets get your girl" he said with so much sincerity.

I'm coming for you my baby girl, and you'll be mine and I'll make sure no harm will come to you again.