CHAPTER - 3

[AVA]

"Ava are you alright ? What happened"  Alisa asked when she saw me coming back hurriedly.

"Nothing I just bumped into someone by mistake" I took a seat beside her and calmed a bit.

" sure it's nothing ? You look like you have seen a ghost" she said clearly worried. And then I told her about the encounter.

"Was he that handsome ? I never saw you drooling over a man before and here you are talking about him as if he's a Greek god" she teased.

Well he's nothing less than a Greek god but I'm not telling her that or else there will be no end of her teasing.

I wonder what his name could be ? I immediately smacked my head comeon Ava stop thinking about him.

It's four and half her journey from LA to New York.
Alisa is sleeping the sleep of a dead person beside me.

I'm thankful that I have her as my best friend  in my life.

When I started college i thought I'll never have any friends just like all the years in the past.

As usual One day I was having my lunch alone at one of the corner tables in the cafeteria and I was surprised when she came and introduced herself "Hey.. I'm Alisa, mind if I join you and it would be wonderful if we become friends" she was smiling from ear to ear and her eyes were full of excitement.

For a moment I was in a daze She was beautiful almost my height her smooth silver hair reaching just above shoulder her golden brown eyes and that pretty smile.

Why would this beautiful girl want to be my friend out of all the people ? I'm an introvert..just a nerd that's what people always say...no fun , boring and definitely not entertaining and this girl is totally opposite of me an extrovert , looks mischievous and maybe a bit of trouble.

"I know I'm beautiful..no one can resist falling for my beauty So i won't blame you" her voice pulled me out of my daze and that's when i realised I was starting at her. She then sat beside digging into her food grinning. A small smile playing on my lips from the past memories.

In a few more hours I'll be back home. My heart sinks at the thought of going back to my regular life in New York.

I hope my father is not angry anymore. When I told him about the 2 days seminar program before the principal managed to get his permission he said "Ava be thankful that I'm even allowing you to go to the college I don't understand why you would even want to study... Your duty is to marry a husband and be a good wife.."

I never understood why my father hates me so much. My mother passed away while given birth to me and I thought maybe that's the reason. Every time he looks at me he must be remembering that I killed his wife.

In his eyes everything I do is wrong. There are days when he used to get home and beat me black and blue for no reason. He never miss an opportunity to punish me.

Once I complete my college he'll arrange a marriage and send me off. I'm afraid the husband he chooses will be the same as him a monster.

I blink back the tears threatening to come out from all the emotions that I'm feeling right now. I wonder what my future will be.

After landing i said my good bye to Alisa and hailed a cab to home.