Chapter 9

Groaning, Amai started to return to consciousness, feeling exhausted. Her body felt so heavy, she could hardly move. Shifting a little, she felt a softness beneath her, which was odd. The ground wasn't this soft.

That's when memories started coming to the surface of her mind. Being in the forest with her friends, seeing the soldiers above her, her voice screaming...

In an instant, her eyes snapped open, flinging herself upwards. She bounced a little as she did, the cause of the action being a soft mattress. Realizing she was in a bed, Amai's head darted around at her new surroundings. A dark colored bedroom with pale grey walls, polished black floors, shadowy drapes and curtains. The bed was also black, from the pillows to the sheets to the posts. There was very little light, only candles and a small ray of the moon coming in from the window.

"Where am I?"

Amai pushed back the covers and slid out of the bed. The floor was cold, even with her slippers on. She first went to the door, trying to get out but it was tightly locked. She sighed in defeat, going to the window to see outside. Moving the heavy curtains further to the side, Amai cracked the window open and took in what was around her.

From what it looked like, she was in a tall section of a castle, peering over a vast area of land. A village could be seen not too far away. There were guards everywhere around the place, armed and ready for any threats.

Amai's heart sank when she concluded where she was.

In Deep Blue's clutches.

"Oh, no." Panicking, the poor girl ran back to the door, struggling with the lock in hopes of escaping. Of course, though, it wouldn't budge. Amai's heart pounded as she dreaded what unknown plans Deep Blue had for her.

"What does he want with me? I mean, I did have Kisshu in my world, and helped him get back here, but..."

Her worries were paused when she picked up the faint sound of footsteps coming towards her room. On instinct, she pressed herself against the wall on the other side, as far away as possible. Someone unlocked the door and stepped inside.

Amai took deep breaths to calm her shuddering, observing the person before her. Pale, near-white skin, long black hair, and piercing blue eyes which burned with something that made her shiver. This was obviously Deep Blue.

Said sorcerer closed the door behind him, smirking at the scared girl. He took her in up and down, his blood boiling hotter with how beautiful she was. When his guard came back with her unconscious, he wanted to take her in his own arms and never let her go. But he decided to put her in a room where she'd be comfortable, and he could give a proper introduction to his bride-to-be.

He took a few steps forward. "Lovely to see you awake, my dear." Amai didn't respond, palms clutching the wall behind her. Deep Blue chuckled. "Now, now. There's no need to be afraid, darling."

Amai gulped. "What do you want with me? If you're going to kill me, then you may as well get it over with."

Deep Blue arched a brow, smirk still on his face. "What makes you think I want to kill you?"

"Well, I... I've been helping him this whole time, and I somehow made him alive back in my world. Wouldn't that make me your enemy?"

Her captor laughed in amusement, confusing her. "Oh, no, you sweet thing. I have no intentions of killing you." Amai's confusion heightened, along with her nervousness. "Then, what do you intend to do with me? I don't have anything you want."

The smile on Deep Blue's face grew wider, with a wickedness that scared her further. "Not quite true." Moving in the direction of the window, he started to explain. "I've ruled this kingdom for a long time. And it's very satisfying, having everything completely under my control. However, I just recently discovered something. Something I never thought of before I learned about you. The one thing a king really needs..."

He paused, lifting up a hand. Magic swirled around his fingers, creating a silver tiara with black diamonds. "Is a queen by his side."

Amai almost stopped breathing. "Is he really saying what I think he's saying?!"

Walking over to his prisoner, who was now too frozen with shock to move, Deep Blue placed the crown delicately on her head. The silver felt cool on Amai's hair, and she shivered a little. An even colder hand grasped her chin, lifting her head up.

"It suits you. You're the perfect bride for me." Deep Blue mused, brushing a few strands of her hair.

It took Amai a few moments to regain her voice. "I... I can't marry you!"

Deep Blue chuckled. "And why not? You're the only girl in this entire kingdom who's worthy enough to be queen. Someone as beautiful as you deserve only the best, and I can give you that. I can give you everything." His eyes gleamed with every word he spoke.

Amai pushed his hand away. "No!" She made a quick dash for the other side of the room, but Deep Blue was faster. He conjured a thin rope of magic which wrapped itself around the girl's waist and dragged her back into his chest, strong arms squeezing her tight. She struggled, but she wasn't any match against his strength.

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice, sweetheart. I always get what I want."

"You're crazy!"

"Only for you!" Spinning her in his arms, Deep Blue captured her lips in a kiss. He groaned at how sweet she tasted. Amai was horrified. She always dreamed of her first kiss being with her true love. Not with a monster like this. Struggling again, she desperately tried to break free, but Deep Blue's arms caged her more tightly, his left hand gripping her hair, holding her in place.

She was trapped.

Amai felt his tongue probe her teeth, which were closed to protect her mouth from invasion. She resisted, but Deep Blue wouldn't have it. His hand pulled on her hair, forcing her to gasp in pain. He took the opportunity to dive in, exploring every inch his tongue could reach. That plus his constant moans of pleasure made Amai sick. Sick and lightheaded, since she was starting to run out of air. If he continued this for much longer, she was sure she would pass out.

Finally, he released her mouth, a strip of saliva connecting them. Deep Blue licked his lips, her taste lingering on them. His eyes observed her; flushed face, gasping for air, she looked delicious to him. He was so tempted to kiss her again, and again, but thought it better to let her rest for now.

Besides, there'd be a lifetime for never-ending kisses soon enough.

Taking her hand, he guided her to the bed and set her down on it. "Get some rest, my love. We'll be married midnight tomorrow, so there'll be a long day for you." He kissed her forehead and left, locking the door.

The second he was gone, Amai broke. She fell backwards on the mattress, crying. How could this have happened? How could this adventure, this wonderful dream come true, turn into a nightmare? Tears fell from her eyes like waterfalls, voice breaking with every sob.

"K... Kisshu... I need you." She pleaded, hoping the prince who held her heart was safe and planning her rescue.