Chapter 12

The late afternoon sun beamed brightly on the busy kingdom below, filling every heart with warmth and sunshine. Everyone was rushing through the streets, which were decorated with white and gold ribbons, rose petals covering the roads. Bouquets of flowers were in every little girl's hand, giddy with excitement.

The castle was equally busy. The halls had been cleaned from the ceilings to the floors, everything dusted and scrubbed. Maids added finishing touches on decorations, cooks placed pastries and fruit on tables.

Three weeks had passed since the kingdom had been restored. And in those three weeks, all the subjects had awaited this day.

Prince Kisshu and Amai's wedding day.

In a suite on the right side of the palace, the bride was getting into her dress with the help of a servant. On the other side of the dressing screen was Ichigo, Retasu, Zakuro, Pudding and Mint. They were all dressed in their best clothes, anxious to see Amai in her dress.

"Come on, Amai! I want to see!" Pudding jumped on the bed, unable to keep still thanks to the energy pumping through her body. Mint took hold of her arm before the younger girl accidentally bounced off the mattress.

"Not that we're all not excited too, Pudding, but you need to calm down or you're going to hurt yourself." The bluenette advised. Amai laughed while the maid was tying the back of her dress.

"I'm almost ready, guys. Don't worry." The ribbons of her corset back were tied in a bow at the bottom, fitting her figure just right. Thanking the maid, Amai brushed back her bangs and fixed her veil.

"Are you guys ready?"

"Yes!"

Pushing back the screen, she walked into the girl's view slowly, lifting up her skirt so she wouldn't trip over it. Gasps filled the room.

"Amai, I'm speechless."

"You're so beautiful!"

"Look at you! Kisshu's going to faint!"

The blushing bride observed herself in the mirror, the girls standing behind her. White shimmering tulle sleeves falling off the shoulders connected to a top with a sweetheart neckline, which sparkled with little gemstones. From the top of her waist to the floor was a flowy skirt, also of tulle and shimmer. On Amai's feet were heeled slippers, lined with pastel pink. Sitting on her collar was a necklace with a pink teardrop diamond, matching earrings on her ears. The veil was tucked into the back of her head, giving her the full bridal look.

She felt like a fairytale princess. She was about to become a fairytale princess.

"I can't believe I'm actually getting married today." she said, swaying side to side, the dress flowing with her. Zakuro gave Mint a look, the bluenette walking over and grabbing a box off the dresser.

"Not yet. You still need the final touch." Amai looked at Zakuro, wondering what she meant. The older girl opened the lid of the box, taking something out and presenting it to Amai.

A beautiful tiara of gold and silver. The diamonds were light pink and white, the middle gem a clean-cut heart. Zakuro placed it on Amai's head then turned her back towards the mirror.

Now she looked like a princess.

"Girls I... I don't know what to say." Amai covered her mouth in awe. Five pairs of arms wrapped around her, bringing her into the middle of a group hug.

"You don't have to say anything. Except your vows, of course. It is your wedding day, after all." Ichigo joked, making all six of them laugh.

"Speaking of which..." Retasu unwrapped herself from the group, looking behind her at the clock. "It's time to go. There can't be a wedding without the bride."