Seven

With Jake passing his inkimaya he was a step closer to earning his place among the Omatikaya people. For now, he was granted permission to participate in that clans great hunt

Flying in the skies they approached a herd of Sturmbeests. On the ground there were Omatikaya on direhorses making attempts to take down the huge beasts, some shot arrows while others threw spears, most of them were unsuccessful.

Following a failed attempt, one of the omatikaya fell off his horse but he stood up quickly with only a couple scrapes. Ri'lani let out a chirp as she flew above with her bow in hand.

Tsu'tey dived from above from his mighty ikran as he pulled back the arrow on his bow. He let out a yell before firing. The arrow embedded itself into the sturmbeest, it fell to the ground causing the Omatikaya on the ground to let out cheers.

On his ikran with Ri'lani trailing behind him, Jake waited for his moment. He flew carefully yet swiftly trying to find the right moment to strike. With a grunt he pulled back the string and let loose his arrow. The arrow traveled before making contact with the sturmbeest, the animal fell defeated.

Jake with a victorious shout yelled, "hell yeah!" As he through his bow in the air.

Ri'lani not knowing what the word meant at all followed his example also throwing her bow in the air, "hell yeah!"

Instead of flying back to hometree to begin preparation for the celebration that was to be made for the successful hunt, Jake and Ri'lani decided to fly around for a bit before heading back.

I was a stone cold aerial hunters death from above, the only problem is your not the only one

A shadow began to form over the two, leading Jake to yell out suddenly, "Dive!"

Toruk dove after them trying to get a chomp
In towards Jake's ikran, Ri'lani who was moving left to right, "To the trees Jake!"

Jake listened as he directed his ikran downwards the the forest that was below them. Toruk followed still as eager as before trying to get a chomp on Katir who narrowly missed it by swinging around a tree.

"Follow me!" Jake yelled as he took sight of vines, slim enough for their smaller ikran to fit but to slim for the mighty Toruk to fit through

Toruk stopped grabbing hold of the vines as he watched them fly away, reluctantly he flew away taking flight back into the sky.

Ri'lani motioned for Katir to latch himself on the tree to which he obliged. Ri'lani breathing heavily while checking her surroundings soothed her ikran by patting his neck

Jake had joined her latching his own ikran on the tree as he also comforted him. Jake turned to look at Ri'lani who gave him a shocked expression

In reply Jake just started laughing, Ri'lani joined in tilting her head back.

After they finished with there laughter, they headed back to hometree.

🦋

Once at hometree Ri'lani approached Jake who had been fixated with a Toruk statue. Noticing her Jake decided to begin speaking, "our guys call it a Great Leonopteryx"

"It is Toruk," Ri'lani corrected, "last shadow"

"Yeah right, the last one you'll ever see" he said stepping on a rock to observe it better. Ri'lani biting her lip stepped closer before she told her story.

"My grandfathers grandfather was Toruk Macro. Rider of last shadow" she said with a small smile on her face as she crouched down