001.

"𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙,𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠,𝐼 𝑔𝑜 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑦 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓.𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑐𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟."

Valerie sang into her microphone. She was standing on a small stage on the rooftop of her local coffee shop.

The cute coffee shop had three stories, the roof having a stage, with sign up sheets. it was cute, and small, but with enough room for equipment and everything.

She sang quite often here. Her brother, Vinny, and his friends, started a band. Since none of the four could sing, Vincent offered Valerie to sing for their band.

Ale, short for Alejandro, was the lead guitarist, Elijah was the rhythm guitarist, Vinny played bass and Kaleo played drums.

The band was kind enought to always let Valerie pick the songs theyd sing. They were more of a cover band, but occasionally Valerie would give them new songs to perform.

She journaled pretty often, which turned into poems, which now turned into songs. For the past six months theyve started posting a lot more on social media.

Since then, theyve been catching some peoples attention online. So much so that people have been requesting for them to do shows outside of their home town.

Valerie decided to get back into acting, to fund for them to visit different cities to perform at.

"𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒?𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑟?𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦?"

Valerie was gifted with a beautiful voice. It wasn't too hard to notice.

 It wasn't too hard to notice

"Hey Val! Good set!"

Malikai hugged the girl. Malikai is Elijahs older brother, Mal let their band perform at his coffee shop regularly. He got a raise for finding a live band, and the band has a place to go often, so it worked out for everyone!

"Thank you Mal!" She side hugged him and made small talk before walking off towards her brother. "You ready?" She nodded and grabbed his guitar while he grabbed her speakers.

  "You ready?" She nodded and grabbed his guitar while he grabbed her speakers