Chapter 2

Variable

This really isn't a dream. I heard a knock on my door and Kay peeked.

"Noona, wake up now, the breakfast is ready."

"Yeah, I'll come now."

I sighed. I woke up still inside a world of manhwa. I thought it was all a dream but it turns out not. Then, what's happening now in my world? Am I currently lying in a hospital bed or what? Am I dead now that's why I'm here?

It's all because of that stupid Truck-kun.

Wind Breaker. Manhwa. Another world.

It was hard for me to accept that I'm really in the world of Wind Breaker right now. I don't know anything about cycling, oh well, I just know how to ride one. But being involved with this world is something that I know I can't just go away easily.

Seriously? I'm now what? The adopted daughter of Mahon Jo? This is seriously driving me insane.

I sighed and opened my notes. I wrote there 'Wind Breaker'. Under that is the crews that I can remember that'll be joining the League of Street a few weeks from now. On the other space of my notes, I tried writing down the events that'll happen in this world.

Wow. It was just like, I time travelled but in a different world and dimension.

So, now, I will be attending Sunny High School. I don't know how things will unfold now that I am here. A variable. A variable that wasn't supposed to be here.

I prepared myself before going to my new school. Might as well go directly to the Principal's office later to ask which room I am in, as Jay said last night. When I got out of my room, I saw the two brothers eating already. I only took some small bites before standing up and bidding my goodbye to them. I know I can't join Jay going to school because he has his bike. So I took a taxi and said the name of the school before casually sitting inside of the car.

Mm, what should I do now that I am existing here? Will things go differently to the way they used to be because of me? Will I change things or let the scenes unfold in front of me knowing how dark some of their futures would be?

I sighed and just looked at the window. I don't want to think of their futures, for a while. Let me have my peace of mind even if just for a minute.

"We're here, Miss."

"Thanks."

A big school in front of me was what welcomed me. I can see the school name, "Sunny High School". I can see the wide field in front of the said school. So, this is it, huh? I'm really a student of this school and have a chance to be classmates with Jay.

I let myself walk through the crowd and went directly to the Principal's office. I knocked on the door and when I heard a voice saying, "Come in", I opened the door and took a step inside. I bowed as I entered the room.

"Good morning, Principal. I'm the one who enrolled late, I'm Y/n Jo."

A bright smile from Shelly's Grandpa is what I saw. "Ho ho, you're already here then. Wait let me check your room. Here.... Oh, you're in Class 2-3."

Class 2-3, huh?

I said my thanks and bid my goodbye before walking outside of the room. I walked casually through the hallway while looking at the room numbers. Class 2-1 is where Jay is at. 2-2, and 2-3. Okay, it's here.

The door is open, and I can see the class adviser talking to his students. I knocked on the door to get his attention and I succeeded.

"Oh, you're the new kid, right?"