Chapter 4

Dear Emma,
You were changing and everyone knew it. Instead of sweaters and sneakers , you wore short skirts and heels. You also got highlights this week. They're a golden blonde that looked very gorgeous on you with your chestnut hair color. You never talked to me any more, and I have to admit that it burned more than anything. You looked at me today. A glance. It made me smile uncontrollably. When you saw me smile, you just looked away, down to your short mini shirt. Then your boyfriend came and put his arm around you , giving me a dirty look. I wanted to hurt him. Punch him or something. I just held it together and walked away trying to have control. Then, I thought about you and how much you've already changed. You went from good to bad. Now you had all the cool friends. You were popular, visually beautiful, and I wanted you to be mine. I know it sounds wrong but I thought maybe your boyfriend was changing you. Maybe he was destroying the kind you and making you do stuff you don't want to do. I thought about our amazing times and memories. Your smile, your laugh, your perfect imperfections, your braces, your hair.   I just thought of you more than anyone. You controlled me. I would do what ever I needed to just hear you laugh again and hold you in my arms , smelling your coconut vanilla scented perfume that you said was your favorite. Emma, you don't know how much I miss you.