Chapter 19

Dear Emma,
The day your father passed I wanted to come see you. My mom and dad decided to tag along to visit your mother and bring her chocolate chip cookies. When your mother answered the door I had never seen her so broken. Her eyes were filled with tears that glistened like yours. Her face was red and swollen. She wore your father's t-shirt. The one that says "Go O's!" with a little orioles bird on the side. I am going to be honest I am surprised she stepped out of bed to answer the door. She didn't say a word before breaking into tears. Her brown hair was pulled up in a messy bun. My mother hugged her while Mrs. Ella nestled her brown hair against my mom's shoulder. My dad set down our cookies next to the other piles of food sent to them. I didn't want to disturb your mom but I wanted to see you. I asked where you where. "Up stairs...in her ....room". "Thanks",I said. I knocked lightly on the door of your room. "Emma"? All I could hear was sobs. And screaming. And sobs. I opened the door slightly and peeked in to see you. You were sprawled out  in the shape of a star fish. Mascara ran down the sides of your tan cheeks. All you wore was an oversized black t-shirt. You looked dead, but still beautiful to me. When you turned to me you screamed. "Get out! You can't see me like this! Get out! I don't want to ever see you again. Leave!".  I turned away and closed the door. I didn't know what to expect put of a 16 year old who just lost their dad. But it hurt. It really did. I love you so much. I think you are beautiful even in when you were in that bed half dying. I swear I do. When we said goodbye my mother said she was going to stay the night and help out your mom and you. My dad and I left and took the bus home. As I sat I. The car,I felt an empty feeling. Something wasn't in place. My dad was here next to me. I had my whole family with me. But your dad was gone. Ripped away. And your family was becoming broken at the seams.