four

[][][]

[][][]

"MY name is morgan. you're down here on the front row in nashville. i hope you're having the night of your life, baby." morgan spoke to the video camera of the iphone he had grabbed from anna's hands.

he had managed to stop the video she had made of her friend and start a new one with the camera facing his face.

he ended the video he made and turned the phone over, leaning back down to hand it to the girl in the white tank top.

her mouth was still hanging open in shock, and it made him want to laugh.

she reached out to grab her phone back from him, pressing her body against the railing in front of her. her chest rose and filled out the top of the tank top she was wearing, catching morgan's eye once again.

his eyes grazed over her thin fingers as their hands met. he noticed the sorority letters sticker on the back of her purple phone case and smiled to himself.

he always did know how to pick them.

as he stood up, he started to introduce his next song to the crowd that was still screaming around him.

he crossed the stage, needing to get away from the girl before he never left. these days, he never really got hung up on women at the discretion of his team.

but there was just something about her.

even from all the way across the stage, he could pick out her bright blue eyes and wide, white smile.

he shook his head as he started to sing, resigning himself to the fact that he could return to her after this song was over and his team would never suspect a thing.

anna gasped and stuffed her phone into her bra, feeling a little bit like a child who had just been caught doing something they weren't supposed to. she knew, without a doubt, everyone around her was now staring at her and she wished to shrink inside herself at once.

"oh my GOD!" rachel screamed into her ear, pressing into her side tightly.

"what the fuck was that?" anna screamed back at her, leaning into her hair to reach her ear. rachel threw her arm around anna's shoulder and smiled deeply at her friend.

"he noticed you." she yelled back, smile gracing her lips brightly.

soon, after morgan had finished another song, he started back over towards anna's side of the stage. she felt the blush return to her cheeks and she fanned herself with her hand quickly, glancing around to make sure she wasn't bothering anyone around her.

as he neared, morgan watched as she fanned herself and he felt himself smiling because the action couldn't be more fitting.

the energy inside nissan stadium was electric. anna sang along when she knew the words, her voice lost in the joyous cacophony, hands clasped around the barrier in front of her.

morgan began a slow song and a hush fell over the crowd. morgan scanned the audience once again, his gaze lingering then locking with anna's.

a jolt of electricity shot through her this time. he winked, a slow, deliberate movement that sent shivers down her spine. for the rest of the song, he seemed to sing directly to her, his voice a low, smoky caress.

throughout his set, the magic continued. morgan's eyes kept finding hers, even from all the way across the stage. he'd lean in on the microphone stand, a playful glint in his eyes, stretching each note just a beat longer when he looked her way. her cheeks burned under the intensity of his gaze, a thrilling mix of terror and exhilaration.

during the last song of his set, he pointed the mic at the front row, and anna, caught up in the moment, belted out the lyrics with everything she had as she clutched onto rachel.

morgan watched the two friends with their arms wrapped around each other, screaming out the lyrics. anna's eyes were shut tight and the corners of her mouth were turned up into a big smile even as she sung.

as the crowd belted out the last line of the song, morgan returned the microphone back to his lips.

"y'all sound good tonight, nashville." he spoke, his thick accent once again prevalent in his speech. his eyes were locked with anna's as he spoke, the corner of his mouth turned up into a smirk.

she knew he had been talking about her and the blush in her cheeks deepened. she buried her face into rachel's shoulder and shook her head, suddenly feeling small under morgan's intense gaze.

he took one last sweeping look over the crowd, trying to burn the memory into his mind of the girl in the front row wearing the white tank top.

he glanced back over his shoulder as he walked off the side of the stage and saw that her eyes were following him.

he tried to read them but his mind was clouding his judgement.

it seemed like she didn't want him to go.

but that was just his mind playing tricks on him.

for the entire intermission and beginning of florida georgia line's set, morgan waited very impatiently to be able to go back on stage.

he had written and been featured on a florida georgia line track earlier on in his career and this had jumpstarted his tour as they had taken him on because the song had been so successful.

each night of their show, morgan would join the band at the end to sing their song together and tonight, he couldn't wait for it.

his leg bounced up and down underneath the table he was resting at. he had barely touched the bottle of water sitting in front of him. he had tried to distract himself with his phone, but he caught himself opening and closing almost every single app he had downloaded.

as the lead singer of the band on stage started to reintroduce morgan, he quickly threw his phone back down onto the table and jogged back to the stage.

he threw his hands up in the arm as he jumped back onto the stage, his eyes immediately searching for her's.

in the front row, anna held her breath as the lead singer of florida georgia line slowed the concert down and started a monologue about their friendship with morgan wallen.

he led up to morgan's return to stage and the entire arena erupted in cheers as morgan ran back onto stage.

the corners of her mouth instantly lifted into a bright smile and she was happy that he was back.

she watched his eyes scan the crowd and she watched them stop as they met hers again. he smiled as he started to sing, his eyes never leaving hers.

in a startling revelation, she discovered she didn't want this moment to end.

a tight pit formed in her stomach as she realized this was the end of the concert and after this, she'd have to leave and go back home.

she ripped her eyes away from morgan's and looked at rachel who was beaming up the stage.