Tarnished Character

Hey loves, I'd be happy if you took your time and read my other book THE PROSTITUTE'S DAUGHTER. It would mean a lot and doesn't consume much of your time. I promise.

Author's POV:

As the room's warmth collided with the chilled breezes of the winter, a shiver ran down Kanvi's spine. She tried to pull the duvet onto her body but the grip on the other side was too intense that she gave up shivering in the cold.

Kanvi groaned and opened her eyes with a jolt. Yesterday's night's memories rushed into her brain like an unannounced storm. She looked at her side to see Vihaan in just his boxers, his hair dishevelled and the lipstick marks painting his beautiful skin.

Her cheeks heated up with the blush while her eyes welled up. She doesn't want this to happen when they are not in their senses. She got down the bed rashly and she slipped spraining her leg. A small whimper left her mouth as the pain struck her lower back directly. Kanvi held her feet which had her heels still on. She glared at the pointed heel and cursed the tiles for being so smooth.

The unknown surroundings scared her while Vihaan's innocent face put her heart at peace. But as soon as she smiled, it vanished thinking about the consequences of her act. She opened the door limping and walked down as the tears kept drenching her cheeks.

She walked down and looked at her brother who sat on the sofa waiting for her. His smile vanished seeing her state and his heartbeats rose to see her smudged lipstick and dishevelled hair.

" Bhai, let's go home please," Came her small voice. Karthik, Diya and Sahasra looked at her like they had seen a ghost.

" Kanu, what's this state of yours? And why the heck are you limping?" Yayin asked scared. Her tears took no name to stop and she is embarrassed to even see her brother.

" Bhai, please let's go home. I don't want to stay here." She begged holding his hands. Yayin looked at Karthik scared and Karthik had a straight face concealing his emotions.

" Kanvi, what's the matter Sweetheart?" Diya asked trying to put her hand on Kavi's head. Kanvi moved away and looked at her brother with watery eyes.

" Please, let's go from here." She sobbed and held her brother tightly. Diya felt something odd and she gulped seeing a love bite on Kanvi's neck.

" I'll see you all later. My sister needs me now." Yayin said hurriedly and went to his car. Nathan was waiting for them and they got into the car. The whole ride Kanvi didn't leave her brother crying silently.

" Kanu, tell me what happened. Did something happen last night?" He asked ready to even hear the worst of the worst situations. He gulped as the tears formed in his eyes seeing his sister in a vulnerable state.

He took out his mobile and messaged his father saying that it was important and needed all three of them in London.

" Bhai, you won...won't hate me right?" She hicced up and Yayin nodded no caressing her hair. They got out of the car and he helped his sister inside. He looked at Rebecca and asked her to get the bath ready for Kanvi.

He took her to her room and waited for her in her room till she finished her bath.

" What was it Kanvi? You are scaring me, sweetheart," Yayin asked softly cupping her cheeks.

" Bhai, last night, I was drunk and didn't know where I was heading. I found a room and fell there. There was some other man later on the bed and it happened Bhai," She cried hiding her face in his chest. Yayin's tears broke and his hands tightened around his sister. His heartbeats raised as the seconds kept ticking and it was scaring Kanvi more.