The Birthday Drinks

Author's POV:

This tall figure was laid on the bed with his face cleansed without any hint of tiredness or tension. His long lashes cascaded over his cheeks and his face held peace. It screamed Peace at any price. His peaceful slumber was disturbed by the sudden pop and he flinched in his sleep getting up with a jolt. He looked around and there was his family, holding a cake.

" Happy Birthday Vihaan." Everyone screamed and he looked at them clueless. A slow but beautiful smile crawled on his lips as the situation started to sink in.

" Happy birthday my baby," Sahasra whispered cupping Vihaan's cheeks.

" Thank you, Mumma, I don't know that you'd be here," He said with a glee and she chuckled. He looked at Diya and Karthik who had a cake in their hand.

" Happy birthday my child," Diya inched forward and hugged him.

" Thank you, Aunty," He mumbled and Karthik smiled wishing him a happy birthday.

Atharva just shook his hand with Vihaan mumbling a small wish while Ashu jumped on Vihaan taking him by surprise.

" Happy birthday Vihaan Bhai, may you get your wife at least this year," He said and Vihaan scoffed.

" Stop it, Ashu," He said and Ashu got off him making a face.

" Enough now, let my boy cut the cake now," Karthik said and put the cake in front of him. It's Vihaan's favourite Chocolate truffle cake and his heart ached as he was on a diet.

 It's Vihaan's favourite Chocolate truffle cake and his heart ached as he was on a diet

Vihan cut the cake and everyone cheered except Atharva who stood there silently. He popped the pop on Diya's insistence.

" Enough now, you can have the cake in the morning. Now go back to sleep." Sahasra said and Vihaan eyed the cake. He sighed and laughed when everyone left. The look of disappointment crossed and his eyes started to burn. He slipped into deep slumber waiting for Anvi's call, but there was none.

The birds chirped in delight as the birthday was still sleeping drawn into the haze of his dreams. There were his friends, and family cheering him up when he was running. And it included Anvi and Aadh too. They were smiling and laughing at each other. Anvi's eyes widened when Vihaan crossed the line.

And suddenly Aadh was drenched in blood smiling at Anvi. She looked scared and started crying while Vihaan was still and his family disappeared into thin air.

" Aadh..." Vihaan cried and he woke up with a jolt. He looked around and found his silent room, there was no hint of blood or his friends. The hair on his skin stood up and his glands secreted the immense sweat just to remind him what a dreadful dream it was. His eyes watered and he grabbed his mobile.

And like a hope in the darkness, there was a message from Anvi.

Hey birthday boy, I didn't want to disturb you when you were celebrating your birthday. So here is your late wish, wishing you a very happy and cheerful birthday Vihaan. Please do accept the bouquet when someone gets you a bunch of tulips.