Chapter 68

I don't know what was going on, but this February had been the coldest one ever. I tugged my coat around me a bit more. I was walking home from a day spent with Mia as she showed all the new stuff she had picked up for the baby. The guest room at their house, which was now their future grandchild's bedroom, was filled with tons of tiny little baby clothes. Since James and I had decided to not find out the gender Mia had bought a mix of both boys and girls clothes saying she would save which ever one she didn't need for her next grandchild. James had stayed home opting to continue work on the nursery. He had decided he wanted to do everything himself, without magic. So, every week off he got he would add a little something to the room, this week it was a new lick of paint. I had no idea what the room looked like or what his plans were as he wanted it to be a surprise for me. Not going to lie the suspense was killing me, plus I was a little nervous he would re create the Gryffindor common room in there.

As I made the short journey home, I couldn't help the feeling that someone was watching me. I subtly pulled my wand out from my pocket and clutched it tightly to my chest. No sooner had I done this someone slapped a hand over my mouth, dragging me backwards to an alley way between two houses, pushing me against a wall. On instinct I brought my knee up and kneed my capture in the balls. Well I was assuming the tall fucker who got me was a man. The man winced as I made contact.

"fuck Em that hurt" wait I knew that voice. I yanked the man up by the back of his hood and pushed him against the wall with my wand pressed to his neck. He had a black scarf covering his lower face. But I would recognise those icy blue eyes anywhere. I yanked the scarf off his face gasping slightly.
"what did you tell me you wanted to do when you finished Hogwarts?"
"what? Em what are you doing?" he asked confused as I pressed my wand into his neck
"just answer the bloody question" I huffed. Eyes wide he rushed to answer
"I told you I wanted to be an astronomy professor. We were in the astronomy tower with Lucy Vixen who was high at the time" immediately dropping my wand I pulled him towards me hugging the life out the stupid boy only letting go of him so I could hit him, hard, over the back of the head.
"you idiot you scared the life out of me Reggie"
"yeah well I think you got your own back. Thanks for kneeing me in the balls by the way" I shrugged unapologetically
"you should have known better to grab a lady like that" he smirked at me
"I missed you Em"

I unlocked the front door to my house, ushering Regulus inside with me. Once in I locked the door and put up some new defensive charms up. Regulus had wandered over to the fireplace in the living room and had picked up a framed photo. It was a group shot from our wedding day. I watched as he ran his finger over the picture a soft smile on his face.
"Sunshine? Is that you?" Regulus put the photo back in its place turning to me worried at the sound of James' voice.
"Yeah it's me. Can you come down here for a sec" I shouted up the stairs to him before turning to Regulus.
"don't worry James read your letter he wants to help you too" Seconds later James thundered down the stairs only for his steps to falter as he caught sight of Regulus stood in the middle of our living room.
"are you sure it's really him?" James asked standing in front of me protectively
"its him. I am sure" James's shoulder visibility relaxed before he sighed.
"I guess I better go put the kettle on then" He said heading towards the kitchen. Not before giving Regulus a squeeze on the shoulder
"it's good to see you again mate"

I shimmied out of my many layers hanging them by the front door.
"do you want me to hang your coat up?" I asked Regulus. Turning around, I found him staring at me, or rather my stomach wide eyed
"you're pregnant?" I simply nodded "with Potters kid?" rolling my eyes at him
"no with Sirius's. Now stop staring and take your coat off" he started shrugging out of his coat
"Just to confirm you were joking right? The Kid is Potters" hanging up his coat I replied
"Yes Regulus. My husband and I are having a baby" he let out a breath of relief sitting down on the couch
"Thank Merlin it's not Sirius's"