Alone

3 Years Later....

Somehow, over the past few years, my schedule had remained the same. I woke up, ate whatever food I had in my reserve, meditated, practiced with my saber, ate again, walked out into town, then came back for dinner and bed. It sounds nice, but afetr three years of this, it has been an extremely lonely existence. It was lonely when it first happened, when I fled from the Clones who had turned on me. 

Once I arrived here, on Takodana, I had to find a safe, secluded place. If I stayed in town, sooner rather than later, the Empire would bump into me there. And since my face is likely posted on some 'Wanted" posters across the galaxy, I didn't exactly want to just hand myself over. I would also be endangering the village if I was there-- my mere existence was now a threat to anyone who was deemed to help or know me. So I journeyed deep into the woods- far, far into the woods, miles from the closest town. I hid the ship deep in a pit, covered with leaves and broken tree limbs. If the Empire came and surveyed from overhead, there's no way they would see the ship.  

I made my home in a small cave, shrouded under trees and bushes. Slowly, over the past few years, I accumulated enough belongings to make it resemble some sort of home. I had food and shelter and a blanket, and that was all I could really ask for. When I first arrived, I threw my jedi robe into a nearby lake. It would be an immediate red-flag if I was walking around town with a robe hiding my face-- only Jedi tended to walk with robes. 

I was lucky I had credits on me, enough to really, really stretch for a couple of months. I purchased new clothing, simple wraps and cargo pants, that made me appear to be local who just preferred to keep to herself. 

After my funds ran out, I sold every ship part I could that would still allow the Starfighter to fly. Thankfully, the funds from the ship parts have stretched me quite a while. Though, after a while, it was clear I needed some sort of occupation. I have been here for three years, and I needed to at least try and blend in with the local village. If StormTroopers heard that there was a woman who never came into town other than when she needed food, they would likely know that I am a Jedi. 

I don't know how many are left. After the attack, I kept listening to my comlink, hoping that a survivor would send out som sort of distress signal. Nothing came. The frequencies on every world were blocked for weeks, and no Jedi ever sent out a distress call. When the frequencies did finally come back up, what was transmitted was not good news. 

Talk of the Empire was across every frequency-- talk of the Emperor, and his right-hand man, Darth Vader. 

There were also warnings for any remanining Jedi to surrender or die. Threats that Jedi would be hunted down and slayed if they did not give up their location. It was clear that, across the galaxy, Jedi were being actively hunted by anyone and anything.  Rewards for Jedi brought in, dead or alive, were close to fifty-thousand credits. That was enough for someone to live off of for quite a while. 

Then, almost a month after the attack, came an encodded distres signal sent from Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I had never known him during my time at the temple, but I heard he was fearless and smart and extremely skilled with a saber. The fact that there was a surviving Jedi out there, alive, almost brought me to my knees. 

He warned that the Repubic had fallen, that the flag of the Empire reigned across the galaxy. And that any remaining Jedi should stay far away from the Temple. 

That was the last message I received from any Jedi. 

I don't know if Kenobi is alive now. I don't know if anyone is. Fear and depseration keep me trapped on this planet, but I know that if I left, I would have no where to go. If I fled, where would I go? There is no guarantee that anywhere I flew to would be sympathetic to Jedi, or that they wouldn't turn me in. The galaxy has changed in the past few years-- I have no idea what life looks like beyond this planet. 

I only have my saber and a few credits per week I earn from my waitressing job at a small pub in town. I have an old ship that may or may not run since I have sold off who knows how many god-forsaken parts of it. I don't have any resources, any mentors to turn to. From the whispers I have heard around town, it's clear that the Empire is continuing to gain enormous strength. Few worlds stand against them now-- many have bowed to their will and wishes. 

Even here, on Takodana, I have noticed an up-tick in the amount of StormTroopers patrolling the streets recently. I try to get what I need at the market and then leave, but when I have to work that's where the trouble begins. 

A lot of Troopers frequent the pub, many just having a cup of Jawa Juice after a long day of work. They usually say just a few words to me and then retreat to a dark corner to probably discuss the Empire's latest moves. Honestly, the shiftier individuals who come in for a drink pose more of a threat than some of the Troopers. Sometimes, when I am walking back to my little cave late at night, i wish I could carry my saber. Of course, carrying it would likely serve me a death sentence. If anyone saw it, I would be dead. 

Tomorrow, I have another shift at the pub. At honestly, it may be my last. Despite me not knowing where I would go if I left here, the amount of Troopers and Star Destroyers I have seen and heard the past few weeks has made me feel on edge. The Empire's prescene is increasing, and it's only a matter of time before they realize that a missing Jedi is hiding in their midst. 

I need to leave and see if there are any more survivors. It's the only way I can even attempt to survive this war...

I hope you guys liked this! A little insight to Rayya's life in hiding.