5.

!TW - Anxiety, Alcoholism!

Nicks pov -
I feel the day slowly coming to an end, and a nagging sense of uncertainty creeps into my mind. Charlie never heard back to me during the day, and that worries me a little. He hasn't even sent a text that he's back home from school, like he always does. Everyday.

With heavy steps I go down the stairs. I go into the calm, quiet kitchen to make myself a cup of tea, hoping it can ease my mind. I open the cabinet door, which makes a creaking sound. Inside I see the iconic white cup with an N on it - the cup Charlie gave me for my birthday last year. My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the front door opening and closing. My mom steps into the kitchen and her presence is felt embraced in my lonely, environment. She walks over and strokes my hair, gives me a light kiss on the cheek.
"Have you had a good day Nicky?" She asks, her voice as soft and friendly as always. Despite her lovely presence, a feeling of concern still remains with me. I put my cup of tea down on the kitchen table, sit down on a chair and answer her with a quiet "mhm".

As I take a sip of the freshly made tea, and I see out of the corner of my eye how my mom is looking at me with a worried look. I put the cup down again and stare down at the table. Then I tell her everything - everything from Charlie's late arrival this morning, the black-eye and about the strange behavior during the day.
"Why don't you go to him now and see if he's home? At least see if he's okay?" Mom suggest. I look up and I'm met by my mother's light smile, a smile that only she can make. A smile that can warm and comfort any heart.

I round the edge of the street and sees Charlie's house. The cold of the evening bites my skin and the sight of the gloomy house only makes me feel more anxious about this decision. The red car in the driveway is the only sign of life - the rest of the house is buried in shadows and loneliness. A cold shiver runs down my spine as I approach the front door and knock gently. But no one comes to open, even tho I'm knocking three times. Doubt grips me, but I still reach for the doorknob instead and discover that the door is not locked. With a barely audible creak, the door slides open and I step into Charlie's house. The silence inside is heavy and the house is a mess, as if a storm has swept through it, leaving everything in chaos.

I look into the kitchen and see piles of unwashed glasses and empty beer bottles. It seems like the chaos has been going on for a long time. My heart breaks at this sight. What has happened here?

With a sense of determination, I head up the stairs - I need to find Charlie.

At his bedroom-door I stop and hesitate, a flood of uncertainty washes over me. Will he be mad that I just walked into his home without permission? The uncertainty is suffocating, but finally I muster up the courage and knock. But the only thing that answers me is the silence, as if the room itself is holding its breath.

————

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for a short and really bad chapter - I personally hate this chapter! But, I promise you that the next chapter gonna be longer and better - you guys gonna love it!🤍

Thanks for all your love and support!🤍