Part 2: A perfect place

It's a man -dark hair, dark eyes and quite tall. He's wearing a black short-sleeved shirt with dark blue ripped jeans and some black converse. I have no context of who he is either, but he seems nice and a bit older than me. "My god, I thought you'd never open the damn door!" He says, sounding a bit annoyed. "O-oh, sorry." I say, in almost a whisper. "Don't blame me if your food's all cold." He says as he turns around and down the stairs he goes.

I take a moment to pay attention to my surroundings. I'm standing in a hallway, with light timber flooring, light grey walls and white trims. I walk towards the staircase, which has a detailed golden rim. The steps are timber. It's beautiful. As I go down the curved staircase, I notice the entrance. It's a beautiful foyer, with this time white marble flooring, bright large windows and a surprisingly large silver chandelier made out of diamonds. On my left I notice the spacious dining room with a large wooden table at the centre.

Mesmerized by this beautiful environment, I don't notice the people in it. There, on one of the chairs on the left of the table, sat the man I saw before. He's sitting at the dining table, enjoying his breakfast. A big plate of crêpes, covered in sugar, butter, and raspberries. It looks delicious.

My mouth water from the sight of the food on his plate. As I stare, someone appears from the kitchen, she looks at me and smiles. "Good morning, my lovely ray of sunshine. I made you breakfast." She says.

It's a middle-aged woman, with straight brown hair, a slim figure and purple eyes like I'd never seen before. She's wearing a pretty purple dress with a white flowery pattern on it, and over it she has an orange apron. "Oh, thank you!" I respond with delight.

She settles down a cute plate with a flowery design, on it is served some small warm crêpes, coated in flour sugar and a few blueberries and strawberries. On a second medium plate is displayed a side of small croissants. To accompany that, a freshly pressed orange juice is placed on the table. She looks at me and gestures to me, to sit down. I sit down in the seat in front of the guy from earlier.

She looks over at the guy sitting at the opposite end of the table. "How many times do I have to tell you no shoes indoors?" The woman looks a bit frustrated. "It's just converse, and they're clean, mom." He says in a calm tone, but he looks a bit frustrated himself.

I don't mind their little argument and look at my plate. I'm in awe of this place, and I'm starving. Looking at all the food in front of me, it feels as though I haven't eaten in days, maybe weeks! Taking the silver tableware, I cut into the crêpe.

I take a bite of the crêpe and the sugar melts in my mouth. It's thin, sweet and light, and has a soft texture. The blueberries pop as I bite into them, and the strawberries are sweeter than I'd imagined, softer and small. The explosion of flavours is just to die for. I then look at the delicious croissants laid out beside my plate. I take one and take a bite out of it, the soft bread of the croissant is just amazing. The texture is soft as a cloud on the inside but crispy and crunchy all around. I can taste the amazing flavour of the buttery croissant. I'm in love with the whole sensation of the food. My taste buds are in awe.

I take a sip of the freshly pressed orange juice. Its flavour is just exquisite. There's still pulp in the juice and it tastes fresh. I'm so delighted. As I enjoy this moment, I suddenly notice that the woman is looking at me happily and leaves as she sees me enjoying the food.

The door rings, a steady but strong ring resonates throughout the dining room, making the chandelier waver slightly. A man comes out from the kitchen and rushes towards the entrance door. His hair black, short and straight. His eyes are green. He's wearing a black turtleneck with grey trousers and some black glasses. I'm a bit surprised, but I keep enjoying my meal.

Looking directly at the delicious strawberries, I take one and enjoy the softness of them. I enjoy each bite. While I'm enjoying the savour of the strawberries, the man comes back to the dining room. "My sweet daughter, there's someone out there who's waiting for you." He says with a smile on his face. Wait, did he say daughter? Is he my father? I'm starting to piece this together. So this is my family?

"Oh, okay." I say as I get up from the brown leather chair. He whispers something to the woman. I'm not sure what he told her, but it made her giggle. I stand up and walk towards the door, a bit scared of what to expect. I open the large brown entry door, to my surprise, I see the guy from before who had left through the bedroom window. "Hey, are you ready?" He says. "Umm, ready for what?" I responded.

"High school, of course. Have you forgotten? Today is Monday." "Oh, okay. I forgot it was Monday." I reply. He chuckles before he responds. "What do you mean you forgot? High School ended like 4 months ago, and it's still Saturday." "Huh? So why'd you say that?"

"Forget what I said, I was joking." He says with a smile. I look back into the dining room, remembering the taste of the food that I can't wait to finish. "So, umm, what are you here for?" I asked. "You told me that you wanted to hang out with me this weekend, so here I am."

"Right." I don't recall anything that he has mentioned so far. But the best thing to do is to pretend like I do. "So ready?" "Yeah. Yes I am". I respond. I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to keep eating that delicious food, though. I look at the shoes in the entryway and see some that catch my eyes, white sneakers. I put them on and tie them, sitting on the white marble floor.

He waits for me patiently, as I finish tying the shoelaces. I stand up, ready to leave. He smiles and opens the door for me. I step out of the house, it's sunny. I see that the house is in a secluded neighbourhood. There are a couple of big houses around and a view of the mountains that I admire from a distance. He closes the door behind him. "This way." He says as he starts walking towards the exit of the residential estate. I follow him, but I still don't know where we are heading towards.

 I follow him, but I still don't know where we are heading towards