Part 3: Just the two of us

We cross a bridge in a forest, and stumble upon a lily pond. Frogs jumping and birds flying and singing. Fishes of all colours swam in the little pond. I'm mesmerized by all the colours and feel overwhelmingly happy. He looks at me and smiles brightly, as he sees me content. "I like seeing you happy, like this." He says, all smiley. "This is beautiful. I love it here! Why did you bring me here?" I reply.

"I thought you might like it here. You came to this pond often whenever you felt sad. I just figured that you weren't feeling well, that's why I took you here, and it worked. I can see you're happy." "Yes, it did work." He sits on the edge of the bridge and looks at me as if to tell me to sit with him. I sit next to him, it feels peaceful. I swing my legs back and forth happily and look down at the pond, looking at the colourful fishes swimming.

The sun is shining on the fishes makes it feel as if I'm looking at a moving rainbow. Distracted by the breathtaking view, I forget all about my worries. I feel something touch my right cheek, it's warm. I turn my head to my right to see that he poked my cheek slightly. As I was looking at the pond, he couldn't take his eyes off me. He smiles cheerfully, gazing into my eyes, not a word coming out of his mouth. It doesn't feel awkward for some reason, it feels as if our souls were connecting.

I feel more comfortable around him for some reason. He is the only person that I feel I know the best in this place where I know nothing about anyone. I feel like asking him what he is feeling. "So, what's going on in your mind?" I ask. "Hmm, I was thinking about how much I love you." "Oh! Uhm, what am I to you?" I ask again. "You're my world, my first love, my joy, and the only person I want." — I see, so I was really special to him. I smiled at his deep, loving words.

At that moment, I wanted to open up to him, and tell him that I had no memories of anything. But I was scared to do so. He does seem caring, but I don't know if I should do that right now. He'd probably listen and believe me, but something within me felt as though I shouldn't. Not right now.

He takes my hand gently and lifts my chin. "Again that sad look. I don't know what's got you so worried, but I want to help." He says, looking concerned. "Thanks, when I feel ready to tell you, will you help me then?" "Of course, anytime." He smiles gently, looking like he truly cares. We look into each other's eyes for a moment, his hand still in mine, he leans in for a gentle peck on the cheek.

I blush softly. "There's somewhere else I'd like to take you. Maybe that will help take your mind off of your worries." He tells me. "Sure, where is it?" "I'll tell you when we get there," he replies, seeming happy. He gets up, all cheerful, looking like he never gets tired or bored. "Come on, let's go!" He says with a cheerful smile. I get up as well and laugh. "Okay, I'm coming!"

We head out of the prairies where the pond is at and exit a black gate. We keep walking and talking. Our conversations are deep, it feels like we are getting closer. At least I was starting to make memories in a place where I had none. We finally got there, an amusement park. I get excited as I see the ferries wheel and the roller coasters.

He buys two tickets, and we start walking around to see which ride we'll go into first. "What do you want to do first?" He asks me with a smile on his face. "What about that?" I point towards a roller coaster that seems to be sky-high and swift. "You wanna ride that?" He chuckles. "Doesn't it look kind of scary?" I shake my head. "Kind of, but it looks fun."

"Okay then, let's do that one." We arrive near the entrance of the roller coaster and wait in line. The line is short and we quickly get on. He sits first and then helps me get on. I sit next to him and as we wait I look at him nervously. "Are you scared?" He says, looking amused. "Yes a bit." — I don't remember ever riding one of these things. "Don't worry, I'm also scared. But for another reason. Last time I rode this thing, my friend threw up all over the place." He laughs a bit and I laugh along. "That sucks. I hope that doesn't happen this time."

"So do I." He says as he chuckles slightly. The staff comes over and checks that we are securely attached and just a few minutes later the ride begins. As it ends, we get off. "Good thing no one threw up." He says laughing. I look at him. "How come you looked so calm the whole way through." I ask him and he laughs some more. "I rode it a couple of times before."

We rode a few more after, and then later we sat on a bench to relax from all those emotions and adrenaline. "Are you hungry?" He asks. "A bit." I reply laughing. "I thought so, I'll go get you something to snack on." "Okay, thanks." I smile at him and see him leaving into the crowd.

My mind starts to wonder again. What if I just lost my memories, how did I lose them? If no one knows, then it must mean that it wasn't an injury. Could it be something else? Should I ask him what happened before today? He's probably the best clue I have. I mean, he was with me this morning, so he probably knows what happened before that. Maybe I hit my head on something. Huh, I don't know. This is giving me a headache.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice him coming back with cotton candy, two hotdogs and a can of soda in his hands. "Sorry for the wait, the line was so long." I look up at him, smiling. "You're back! I didn't realize the time was passing so fast." "Yeah, I can't believe it's already dark." The once sunny sky is now completely dark, and the park is filled with neon lights. He stands in front of me and hands me the pink cotton candy. "Thank you!" I take a piece and put it into my mouth.

The candy melts in my mouth, it's sweet. "It's been so long since I've had cotton candy." How do I know that? Perhaps my memories are coming back slowly. He sits next to me, smiling. "It was their last one.'' He says. "We can share this one, then." I smile. "Thanks for offering." He laughs and takes a piece. We talk and share the food. Time keeps passing. "Since it's dark, we should explore the haunted mansion next. They opened an hour ago, so hopefully it's not too crowded." He says, looking at me. "Yeah, let's do that!"