Chapter 19

He teleported outside the cave, holding his cheek, his face starting to burn. Not painfully so, but enough to notice. What was that for? Why did he do that? Why did I leave when he did? Why do I wish I hadn't?

He couldn't say that he didn't like it. He really did. His lips were still soft and gentle, despite the torture from earlier. His hands were so smooth and caring when they were around his shoulders, and it made him crave for more.

He leaned against a tree, his heart racing, unable to help the smile that played at the corners of his mouth. 

"How could you let this happen!" boomed a voice, making his smile and excitement instantly disappear. "How could you not just hold the blood clot under the water! It was so simple!"

"Xa-Tul tried! It was Malacoda who let Erebus get out of his grip! Not Xa-Tul's fault!"

He slowly approached the entrance to the cave, making sure to keep himself out of sight, trying to ignore the prickling feeling on his neck at the sound of the Nether king's booming voice.

"You foolish rotting flesh! If you had just killed Feyd when you had the chance, when you first saw him in the woods, we wouldn't even be here right now!" he screeched. "Now those two traitors are off meddling and ruining our plans to destroy the User-that-is-not-a-user!"

The zombie king only growled. "Whatever. Herobrine must know what's happening."

"Yes, I know. We'll have to figure out a new plan. Slowly making Gameknight999 and his friends suffer isn't getting us anywhere."

The enderman peered in and watched the two monsters stand in silence before one of the spider queens- the younger one -scurried into the cavern. The sudden clicking sounds startled them both, but they quickly recovered. "What if we all jussst attacked the Ussser-that-isss-not-a-ussser in the Land of Dreamsss and dessstroyed him there."

"That's what I was thinking," Malacoda claimed, egotistical as ever. "I will personally give Herobrine this plan."

Xa-Tul started to object, but a simple glare from the ghast silenced him.

He chewed his cheek and looked around the cold stone cave and noticed the two children from before, sleeping, still wrapped in the spider queens' webbings. They looked exhausted and had dark circles under their eyes, and their faces and arms were scratched up by the spiders' claws.

The tall monster slowly snuck forward, then teleported to them, placing a hand on either of their shoulders. They shuddered at his touch, but he ignored that. He looked back to the monsters in the cavern below, wary, and gently picked up the twins in his long arms.

"Wait! What're you-!" Xa-Tul noticed, but before he could finish his statement, he disappeared in a puff of lavender particles.

He reappeared under the same tree he had left Feyd by, but as he looked around, he found that the younger royal was nowhere to be found. "F-Feyd? I have found and acquired the villager children. Where are you?" he stammered nervously, setting the twins down on the soft grass.

Silence. Silence and wind.

Then groaning, then screams.

The enderman turned to the children and covered their mouths. "Shut up! By Notch, shut up! I'm not going to kill you!"

One of them- Filler -glared, then bit into his hand, making him pull away. "We don't believe you!"

"Yeah! You liar!"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah!"

He facepalmed and groaned. Of course they don't trust me; why would they? He decided to just reach out and tear through the webbing that tied them up. It was a bit tricky, but after a bit, he managed to cut through with his nails.

Where is Feyd? Is he alright? Is he hurt? Worry started to fill his mind, and it felt like his hands and face have gone cold. He looked to the children, and as embarrassing as it was, he had to ask them for help. "I need to get you back to your father. But first, tell me where Feyd is."

"Wasn't he with you?" Topper asked, crossing their arms.

"Yeah, how would we know," Filler remarked, a bit nicer than their sibling.

He knew this was just them being anxious.

"Well, where would he likely be?" he asked, a bit more urgent.

The twins seemed to understand his stress and anxiety, and it slowly dawned on them that he wasn't going to hurt them or do anything malicious. They looked to each other then back to Erebus. "The village."