excuse

Shortly before the start of the game, which was around 17:50, we arrived and took our seats. Jack offered me his hand. I hooked up with him, with his hand resting on my thigh. I didn't mind at all, because it's normal between friends. I put Carlo's jacket over the backrest behind me. A short time later, the game began. Carlos walked past us. His eyes met ours and he looked slightly shocked, if not sad. I pretended not to care and just looked away. He only turned his gaze away from me when he started to play along.

"What was that?" Jack asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

'He was jealous, Malia,' Jack said to me.

'I really don't know. We texted two days ago and when I asked him out, he stopped responding,' I admitted honestly.

'Why didn't you mention anything,' Jack asked in surprise. Meanwhile, the game started and Carlos served his serve.

I don't know, I just didn't want to talk about it because it made me sad and if I had talked about it with you, I would probably have become even sadder. I just wanted to avoid that,' I explained to him.

*Point for Nicolas Jarry*. Carlos is in the back. Dad was annoyed and surprised at the same time.

Okay, I understand that. But you can talk to me about it. Carlos looks annoyed,' Jack said, looking at Carlos, who was also looking at us.

'You're right, but he has no right to be upset,' I said honestly.

Jack looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. I looked towards the pitch and met his gaze. I wasn't sure why he was like that. In the event Jack was right, I smiled at him and assured him of something like that. Carlos smiled immediately and focused back on the court. His serve was good again, which his opponent could not accept. Carlos won the first set 6 to 3, but lost the second. He won the third set 6 to 3 and the next one 7 to 5. I was very happy about his victory. Carlos came running up to me straight after the end of the match. Jack persuaded me to go. I ran down the stands to him.

I'm sorry I didn't answer you, Malia. I wanted to ask you myself. Do you want to go on a date with me?" he told me sincerely.

'Oh...' was all I said.

'Is he your boyfriend?' Carlo's eyes pointed at Jack. I turned around and looked at Jack.

'No, he's my best friend,' I said. Carlos took a deep breath.

'Yes Carlos, I'd love to go on a date with you,' I replied to his question. His eyes lit up at me.

'I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7. Will you tell me where you live?' he suggested.

55 Palmer Street,' I told him my address.

'See you then, I'm looking forward to it,' he said with a smile.

'I'm looking forward to it too,' I said.

We both walked in opposite directions. I ran to my parents and Jack, who were already waiting. All three of them looked at me with wide eyes. I just shook my head and then ran ahead to the car. I put on his jacket and got into the car first. They got in after me and all stared at me.

'It's okay, Carlos and I are going on a date tomorrow,' I admitted openly.

'Oh how great'.

'Ella will be so happy'.

'I still have to design you a dress,' they all said in confusion.

I just laughed and looked outside. Dennis drove Jack home and then us. I was pretty exhausted and quickly said goodbye to my parents. I changed my clothes upstairs. I went to bed and wanted to watch another movie, but I fell asleep straight away.

Good morning, Malia. Get up,' Mum's voice sounded next to me. I was dead tired.

Mom, I want to sleep,' I said, annoyed and tired.

Dear, it's already 2 o'clock,' she said. I was startled.

"What?" I said, surprised.

'Yes, dear. Come into my study, there's the dress I designed for you''.

I smiled and my mom left the room. I tied my hair up and made up my bed. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a casual T-shirt. Still yawning in my cozy slippers, I stomped to my mom's study. I knocked and was then called in. I was amazed when I saw her design.

"Mom, that's beautiful. Thank you so much," I said and stepped closer to the dress. The fabric felt great.

"You're welcome, sweetie."

The dress is a black dress with a lace pattern at the neckline, just like at the end of the dress. It has a plunging neckline and a deep zipper at the back. The straps are thin and light. The dress will go just above my thighs.

"Why don't you try it on?" my mom suggested.

'I'll do it later,' I said and smiled at her.

Downstairs, our waitress made me something for lunch, which I ate while watching some TV on the couch. Dad came home around 5 p.m. and I talked to him for a while before getting changed for my date. I got changed just before the agreed time. I wore the black dress and a diamond necklace that covered half of my neckline. My favorite bracelet encircled my right wrist. I wore my grandma's ring on my right index finger. I slung my handbag over my shoulder. I wore silver cross earrings. Light make-up covered my slightly blemished skin. I left my hair loose.