letter

'Malia, look," Jack showed me something on his cell phone.

Confused, I looked at his display. My eyes saw him saying something. I listened to him intently. I really liked what he said. Nevertheless, I was still very hurt about it. Such a lie really hurt me and broke my heart. Of course, I would like to forget it all and be happy with him again, but at the end of the day it would always be a point of contention in our relationship. Besides, I could never trust him again. It hurt too much to ignore it. After Carlo's words, Jack took his cell phone away and looked at me intently.

"Is everything okay?" he asked me.

Nicolas sat next to me and looked at me just as sympathetically.

'Yes, everything's fine. I just need to process it all a bit. But his words were great,' I replied to Jack.

He rubbed my shoulder lovingly. I gave both of the boys present a smile. The party was lovely. Dad had a barbecue with Ella's father. We spent some time at the party until just before midnight.

"Sweetie, are we going home straight away?" Mom interrupted the conversation with me, Jack and Nicolas.

"Of course," I replied.

I said goodbye to the boys and Ella's parents with a hug. I was glad that Ella wasn't there. Then Dennis drove us home.

"The party was lovely. I love you guys. Good night," I thanked my parents.

Dad kissed my forehead. Mom hugged me tightly.

Sleep well," said my mom.

I went to my room with a smile on my face. I found something on my bed, an envelope with a red rose. I suspected that it was from Carlos. At first I hesitated because I was probably too shy to read it now. First I put on something more comfortable and then picked up the letter. I stared at it for a moment. The rose was raw and beautiful. Trembling, I opened the letter. I slowly began to read the letter.

Dear Malia,

I know I have hurt you very much by lying to you. I owe you at least an explanation, which you fully deserve and so much more. To be honest, I thought you were pretty, but I wasn't interested in going out with you. Your friend Ella texted me the night you followed me on Instagram. She said that you were interested in me and that it would be great if I showed interest in you too. Ella said that I make you happy and that you only deserve to be happy. She just wanted you to be happy. So I agreed to go out with you, for money. But right after our first date, I wanted to tell you about it, please believe me. I wanted to tell you on many occasions. The last thing I wanted was for you to find out through the media. But Ella always managed to convince me not to tell you after all. She always told me not to ruin our relationship and not to rob you of your happiness. I struggled with this decision every day. I kept crying myself to sleep because I couldn't deal with it. You don't deserve all the pain and sadness, forgive my heart. I will try everything to convince you that you can trust me again. Maybe I'm not the right person for you because I'm hurting you, but I know that I'm the one who loves you with all my heart. I respect you and adore you very much. I will wait for you, amor. Read this letter in peace and think about everything. When you are ready, come to me and we can talk about everything in peace. Take your time and don't rush into anything. Be clear about everything. I will struggle every day with the fact that I made this decision, which was my biggest mistake. As long as we haven't spoken, I will stay here in London. I promise you I will be a better friend than I have been. You deserve so much better. Please also convey my sincere apologies to your parents, I never meant to disappoint them and I hope I can regain their trust at some point. Please forgive me. I deeply regret my mistake. I am sorry, Malia. I'm sure you don't want to hear or read this right now, but I love you.

I love you, Malia Murphy,'' he wrote.

Tears splashed onto the letter. Moved, I wiped the tears from my face. I held the letter in my right hand as I stomped to my parents' room.

Knock knock

"Yes?" my mother's voice rang out.

With my eyes still wet, I sat down with them. I gave them both the letter. My parents read the letter carefully.

''And what do you think?'' I asked eagerly for their opinion.

In the meantime, I was lying between them in their bed.

Angel, I know he hurt you a lot, but what he wrote there is very sincere and honest. Thank him for his kind words to us. We were never disappointed in him, we were rather shocked. But we always knew that Carlos was serious about you, we saw that in the way he looked at you and treated you. What do you think?' Dad replied.

I hugged both of them tightly.

'I miss him very much,' I said sadly. I received a hug from both sides.

'I know,' Mom said gently.

''What are you going to do now?'' Mom added.

Shrugging my shoulders, I looked at them both.

'Just talk to him,' my dad persuaded me.

'Thank you. I love you very much. Good night,' I thanked them.

''We love you very much too. Sleep well,' said my mom.

I kissed them both goodnight before stomping back to my room. I thought back and forth for a long time about whether I should call Carlos about the letter. I made a decision after a few minutes.