Chapter 18

"Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of." Allison says as the car parks in front of the house of Harold Jenkins.

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him. Looked kinda scrawny." Diego says as he exits the car to the front porch

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers." Allison shoots back.

"I mean, look at him." I say as I point at Five.

"Thanks." He replies sarcastically.

"Good point."

"So what's this guy want with Vanya?" I ask

"I don't know. How about we ask him after we kill him?" Diego says. I groan internally as I move to the door, reaching to try out the doorknob.

"Whoa, whoa. Hey, look, I'm gonna burst through–" Diego starts to move back, ready to kick the glass open.

"You know what? It would be nice for people just to stick to–" Allison starts. Diego ignores her and with a loud bang, the thing shatters and within moments, Diego is lying on the glass, groaning.

"the plan." Allison finishes.

"Subtle." I comment. Diego groans again in response. Five opens the door with ease and raises his eyebrow.

"You know, the door was unlocked." He comments

"Yeah, well, my way works just fine." He stands up, hobbling to the wall for support. Spread out. Yell if you, uh... you know, you're in trouble."

"Ah, inspiring leadership." Allison comments.

"One of the greats." Five adds.

"Goes down in history books." I begin to explore the house and for a murderer, it seemed...normal. Living room, TV, bedroom. No weapons or any other thing that shows violence. Not until Allison shouts for us.

"Guys, you need to see this!" All of us rush up to the attic where we heard her face and when we enter, we see the figurines of the Umbrella academy but...

"All our faces are burnt off."

"Well, that's not creepy. This guy's got some serious issues."

"Shit. This was never about Vanya. This was about us." Allison realize. Then I hear a thump behind me and I whirl back, ready to attack and see Five, on the ground, groaning softly.

"What the hell? Five!" I shout as I kneel beside him, trying to figure out what happened. His hands are clutched at his abdomen and when I remove it, a sticky red liquid pools in my hands. "Wha- Blood."

"Jesus, Five." Diego says, leaning beside me as well. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"You have to keep going. So... close." he mutters quietly, his eyelids drooping.

"Yeah? Well it's not much use for us to leave you bleeding on the attic of a murderer." I say in panic. Five closes his eyes and his body slumps. "Five. Five!" I shout.