Chapter 20

Five's POV

I snatch the coffee cup from Luther's hands, and take a huge gulp. I sputter the lukewarm, brown liquid, gagging internally. "Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?" I complain. Y/n flinches, scared of what I was going to say next. I smirk internally.

"Can we get started?" Luther asks.

"Anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison? No? All right, then, this is the closest thing to a quorum..." Klaus says, sitting on the table. "-...that we're gonna get. Now, listening up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out." I roll my eyes.

Silence.

"Klaus!" Y/n snaps as Klaus begins to speak.

"I conjured Dad last night."

We stare at him in silence.

"You said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years." Luther says.

"Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da!" He is the opposite of sober. "I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this... conversation with dear old Daddy himself."

"Has anyone got some aspirin?" Luther asks, clutching his head.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers." I tell him

"Hey, hey, hey. This is serious, guys, all right?" Y/n sighs. "This really happened, I swear."

"Okay, fine. I'll play. What did the old man have to say?" I ask.

"Well, he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like Dad, right? But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof, -because..."

"Wait for it." I mutter

"...he killed himself." he finishes.

"I don't have time for your games, Klaus." Luther says, rising from his seat.

"I'm telling you the truth, Luther. I'm telling you the truth."

"Why'd he do it, then?" I asks once again.

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again."

No. Dad wouldn't just kill himself. Luther says. I feel a migraine sprouting in my head. Out of all the things that's what he doesn't believe in?

"Ah, you said it yourself. He was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night." Klaus shoot back.

"No. There weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviors."

"Like sending someone to the Moon for no reason?" Y/n asks, shrugging her shoulder.

!I swear to God, Klaus, if you're lying..."

"I'm not. I'm not."

"Master Klaus is correct." I hear a voice from the back of the kitchen and look into the face of Pogo.

"Regretfully..." he sighs "...I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan."

"What?" Luther asks. I clutch my head, trying to make the sense of things

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know. Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard." Klaus comments

"So the security tape we saw?"

"It was meant to further the murder mystery." Luther scoffs. "Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together... would reignite your desire to be a team again."

"And to what end?" I ask.

"To save the world, of course."

Luther laughs. "All right. First the Moon mission and now this. You watched me search for answers. Anything else you want to share, Pogo? Any other damn secrets?

"Hey, calm down, Luther." Y/n says, springing up to stop him from attacking Pogo.

"No, I won't calm down! We've been lied to by the one person in this family we all trusted!"

"It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I..." he sighs "I had no choice."

"There's always choice. " Luther exits the room

My mind buzz with this new information. "I gotta think." I exit the room with a blink.

#

After a cup of better coffee, I finally got the sense of things.

Number 1: Dad knew exactly the time to kill himself, 10 days before the apocalypse.

Number 2: He has been telling us to save the world from an impending doom long since we were children and knew that it was ending

Number 3: We're all here now, we might save the world anyways.

A/N

Chapter 20 we're hereeeeee!