Kabanata 29

KABANATA 29

  Atasha's POV

  When I was a child, every time we attended the weddings of my mom's friends, and I saw how beautiful a bride looked in her wedding gown as she walked down the aisle towards her groom, that's when my dream was formed. I used to think that when I get married, I want it to be to only one person. The first and last man that I will love.

  As a young girl, I was always captivated by the magic of weddings. The way the bride glided down the aisle in her exquisite gown, radiating happiness and love, left a lasting impression on me. I would watch in awe as she exchanged vows with her groom, promising to love and cherish each other for eternity. It was in those moments that the seed of my dream was planted - to find that one special person with whom I would share a lifetime of love and happiness.

  I envisioned a future where I, too, would walk down the aisle in a beautiful gown, my heart overflowing with love for the man waiting for me at the end. I longed for a love that was pure, unwavering, and everlasting - a love that would stand the test of time and weather life's storms together. That dream, born from the innocent wonder of a child's heart, remained a beacon of hope and inspiration as I journeyed through life, searching for that one true love.

  And then I met Elias, he came into my life unexpectedly and became the biggest part of my life and my world. He is the first and I want him to be the last man I will give my all to. I have ingrained in my mind that I want the first person to also be my last.

  When Elias entered my life, it was as if everything fell into place. His presence brought joy, love, and a sense of completeness that I had never experienced before. With him, I found a kind of love that was deep, genuine, and unwavering. It was as if he was the missing piece of the puzzle that I never knew was missing.

  From the moment I met Elias, I knew that he was meant to be a significant part of my life. His kindness, understanding, and unwavering support made me feel cherished and appreciated in ways I had never known. He showed me a kind of love that was pure, selfless, and unconditional - the kind of love that I had always dreamed of.

  The thought of spending my life with him, through all the ups and downs, brought a sense of peace and contentment to my heart. I knew deep in my soul that he was the one I wanted to walk down the aisle towards, the man I wanted to share my dreams, my fears, and my joys with. He was the first and only man I wanted to love, now and forever.

  Ngunit akala ko lang pa yun. Sino ang mag-aakalang ang isang masaya at matibay na relasyon sa loob ng labing-apat na taon ay masisira lang dahil sa isang one night stand? Minsan ko nang itinanong sa aking sarili, nagkulang ba ako? Hindi ko ba naibigay kay Elias ang mga bagay na hinahanap niya? Kulang na kulang ba ako?

  Pinilit kong maintindihan ang lahat ng nangyari kahit masakit, tinanggap ko ang dahilan kung bakit humantong sa ganun. Sinikap kong tanggapin na lahat ng tao ay nagkakamali, at walang perpekto sa mundo. Pero kahit anong gawin ko, bumabalik talaga ako sa isang tanong; kulang pa ba ako? Dahil sa pagkakaalam ko, ibinigay ko naman na lahat. Ang buhay ko, ang sarili ko, ang lahat ng maibibigay ko sa kanya.

"You know what? Marriage is sacred, so once you get married, there's no turning back because you're already tied to that person for life," I glanced at the person speaking beside me, and once again saw Celsius' smiling face.

I turned my attention back to the wedding happening now at the hotel. I passed by the large hall room earlier as I was heading down. I had planned to go jet skiing to entertain myself, but I noticed the tarpaulins outside the hall and I knew a wedding was taking place inside.

"What do you know about marriage? You told me that you're single and not yet a married man," I remarked as I watched the couple exchange vows.

"According to my parents," he replied, nudging my arm with his shoulder. "They told me that when you get married, you should be wholeheartedly committed and sure of the person you're marrying. Because when you realize who they truly are, that's when you'll regret. It's difficult to regret in the end because you can't turn back time."