Kabanata 32

KABANATA 32

Elias' POV

"She needs bed rest," the doctor told me as he looked at Jocelle. "Ms. Sadejas' pregnancy is delicate and she needs to be taken care of because the baby's grip is weak. It's fortunate that she only bled once, but we shouldn't be complacent, Mr. de Marcel," he added.

"What can we do to prevent this from happening again, doc?"

"Avoiding stress is one of the reasons," he replied. "Will you excuse me for a moment, Mr. de Marcel," the doctor said before leaving.

I sighed before approaching Jocelle, who was peacefully sleeping. As I sat by her side, I couldn't help but feel a wave of concern wash over me, knowing the fragility of her pregnancy. I made a mental note to do everything in my power to ensure her well-being and the safety of the baby.

As I watched her, she suddenly moved, and at the same time, her eyes fluttered open. She immediately looked at me.

"H-How's our baby?" she asked, clearly struggling with the question.

I took her hand to reassure her that I was there for her. "Don't worry, the baby is fine," I assured her.

I saw a visible sigh of relief escape her. "Thank goodness," she whispered weakly and looked at me again. "What did the doctor say?"

I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Jocelle. I shouldn't have told you," I said sincerely. "Please, take care of yourself because there's a risk of losing the baby," I added. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you properly."

As she heard my words, tears welled up in her eyes, and she held my hand tightly. I quickly embraced her, knowing that it would provide her with some comfort.

I regret what happened last night. I didn't think clearly due to my frustration. It's been two days since I last spoke with Shang, and I feel helpless because she's been avoiding me.

This has caused me to be short-tempered, and I unintentionally took it out on Jocelle. When I told her about my plan to marry Atasha, it triggered her outburst. She directed all her pain and regret towards me.

I made a mistake in leaving her last night. I left her alone in her condo unit because of what happened. I later found out that her assistant rushed her to the hospital because she started bleeding and fainted.

Natakot ako ng malaman kong dinugo siya dahil posibleng may mangyaring masama sa baby namin. Pero ng malaman kong maayos naman ang lahat ay nakahinga ako ng maluwag. Kaya nakabuo na ako ng isang desisyon. Papanindigan ko na si Jocelle, hindi na lang para sa magiging anak namin.

Gusto ko mang ayusin pa ang sa amin ni Atasha. Ngunit nakikita kong marami na talagang nagbago at alam kong magiging mahirap na sitwasyon ito para sa akin. Pinangako na rin sa sarili ko na aalagaan ko ng maayos si Jocelle dahil ayokong magsisi sa bandang huli.

Dalawang araw na nanatili si Jocelle sa hospital at ngayong araw ang discharged niya. Inaayos ko na rin ang mga gamit niya para makauwi na kami sa condo. Habang nakaupo si Jocelle sa kama ay biglang bumukas ang pinto ng kwarto.

Hindi ko inaasahan na pupunta si mommy dito. "Mom? Why are you here?" tanong ko sa kanya.

Mabilis siyang lumapit kay Jocelle. "How's the baby?" Nag-aalalang tanong niya. "What happened?" Tanong pa niya bago tumingin sa akin.

"The baby is fine mom. No need to worry," mahinahong sagot ko.

"What a relief!" Usal niya bago siya muling tumingin kay Jocelle. "How are you? Are you okay now?"

"O-Okay na rin po ako, Tita," sagot ni Jocelle at tipid na ngumiti.

"Mabuti naman," lumapit naman siya sa akin at tinapik ang balikat ko. "Jocelle, iha? You are going to live in Elias's condo unit. I have already moved all your things there so he can take care of you properly. And, don't worry because I have also hired a private nurse to look after you when Elias is at work," Mommy said, emphasizing her seriousness.