Epilogue

Megan smiled as she watched the dance floor while waiting for her drink at the bar, snorting when Nura all but started to dry-hump Nate in the middle of their engagement party.

Not that the man was complaining, kissing her back just as fervently, and, Megan thought, if no one stopped them soon, she feared they were all in for a free show.

Thankfully, Nate's mother suddenly appeared on the floor next to them, taking each of them by the ear and pulling them away while lecturing them about decorum quite loudly as Nate's dad hooted in laughter, following behind to the crowd's great amusement.

"Here you go, sir." the bartender said as he gave her her drink, a flirty smile on his lips as he did so. Megan smiled back, nodding politely while ignoring the man's attempts at her.

She started to slowly make her way through the crowd on her way to her table, stopping just before she reached it as she saw Nik sitting alone and watching the dance floor.

Megan bit her bottom lip, glancing at the drinks in her hands, when an idea popped into her mind.

It had been a month since Nik, and she got back together, and things were going great. Nik was back in the house, though he was no longer working for Megan or anyone else, choosing to instead open an agency that he would run while others like him worked as the actual security.

They were happy, more than happy. Every day Megan got to spend with the man was like a blessing, but there was still one thing Megan had not done: something getting in the way every time she tried to.

But no more.

She took a big breath, letting it out slowly as she reached the table. She put the drinks on it and then moved around it until she stood in front of Nik, who was looking at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Dance with me?" she said, offering her hand to the man. Nik's eyes widened slightly at the words before a brilliant smile spread over his lips.

"Are you sure you can keep up with me?" he asked, making her glare at him as he laughed out loud.

Megan held his hand all the way to the dance floor, squeezing it tightly once she noticed that the floor had cleared up a bit, leaving only a few couples to sway slowly as a slow song came up on the speakers.

They stopped in the middle, just beside William and Aria, her brother smiling widely at the sight of their holding hands, and then Nik wrapped his arms around Megan's waist and pulled her closer.

Megan's hands shook as she wrapped them around Nik's neck before she sighed, making herself relax, leaning her forehead against Nik's.

"Ich liebe dich," Nik said with a goofy smile on his face as they swayed slowly, making Megan smile in return.

And as she looked at Nik, the man's arms wrapped around her, the whole world disappeared. The two of them were the only ones that mattered, and she realized that she had nothing to be scared of, after all.

Right there, right then, she felt as if she could do anything, be anything, just as long as she had Niklas Krüger by her side, and instead of making her feel afraid, the thought made her smile before she whispered back,

"I love you, too."

###

Thank you for reading my books. If you enjoyed them, won't you please take a moment to leave me a review at B&N, Kobo, Apple, or Smashwords?

Thanks!

Tijana