Chapter 11: On A Wish And A Prayer

At Kronos Island in Solaris' temple

Mephiles chuckled as he appeared out of the portal and with Maria in hand. She grunted and shouted, "Let me go!"

Mephiles only chuckled and hovered over the Chaos Emeralds. He lightly tossed Maria to the Emeralds and she grunted as she hit the ground. She gasped as she saw Mephiles hover his hand over the Emeralds and said, "You won't get away with this! Sonic, my brother, my friend, and I will come and stop you!"

"I hope they do come." Mephiles chuckled. "And when they do...the Flames of Disaster will be released."

"Oh, no..."

Mephiles chuckled further and spoke out, "Chaos Emeralds...Bring me the Titans!!!"

With that, Maria suddenly heard stomps and saw Giganto walking towards the temple. She also saw Wyvern flying from Ares Island. The Emeralds also changed the temple's background to when it was pristine and the lava changed into water.

Back at Chaos Island

Knight roared and pulled out the sword from its chest. It then proceeded to fly towards Kronos Island, following its Titan brethren.

On Ouranos Island

Sonic, Tom, and McGregor were still lingering from losing Maria and then they heard a horn-like sound and saw Supreme rising from the ground. The gigantic Titan rose and activated its jetpack, flying towards Kronos Island.

"What the?!?" Sonic asked. "Why is Supreme heading to the island?"

"I don't know," Tom said. "But Mephiles may have won..."

"Come on, we can't give up now!" McGregor said. "He has my sister!"

"But how are we gonna get off this island?! We have no way off here!"

"And what? We don't have hope?!? They have Maria and you want to give up?!?"

"You know as well as I do that we have no chance at stopping him!"

"Hey, stop it! Listen to yourselves." Sonic got in between the arguing humans and asked, "Is this what Mario would want? Us fighting? Running and hiding? Giving up?

"But she's not here." Tom sighed. "And you wanna know the funny part? I was kinda in love with her."

Sonic sighed. He took a deep breath, decided to kick in an epic speech like what Peach or Mario would say, and he spoke out, "But we still have a chance to save her. During the short time that I've known her, I've learned that she is a smart and beautiful woman who doesn't deserve to have Iblis inside of her and that she wouldn't want us to give up. All these islands, all of these battles we've had the Titans. We've persevered through so much, we can't just give up now. What I've learned as a hero, is that a hero takes responsibility for others and never admits defeat. Heroes always pick themselves up when they are down, which is exactly what Maria, or maybe even the Ancients, would want us to do right now."

Tom sighed again and smiled. "You're right, Sonic. We've gotta go back to Kronos Island, save Maria, and stop Mephiles!"

"But how do we get back there when our own Titan is destroyed?" McGregor asked. "And the Ring bag that you had is gone and we used up the last Ring to get to Ares Island."

Sonic smirked and he gained an idea as he looked at his quills. "I think we can manage to get off this island if we use what we did to escape Knight."

In Mephiles' Temple on Kronos Island

Mephiles chuckled as he saw the Titans flying towards the temple. The Chaos Emeralds glowed further and started to spin in a circle. Mephiles noticed this and he uttered, "The end is soon to come."