#15 𝗇𝗈 𝗋𝗎𝗅𝖾𝗌

"Bro what if it's like real treasure?" Beomgyu exclaimed.

"Are we gonna get rich by it? Woah it would be my dream come true" Yeonjun added.

The group walked to Soobin's house chatting about what all things could possibly happen if they found a treasure. Taehyun tagged along slowly, feeling at unsettlement towards what was happening.

"Guys I'll be at the hideout, y'all go and find about the last piece."

"Why aren't you joining us" the group asked, stopping their conversations for now.

"I need a swim," Taehyun replied, not offering further explanation. He turned and walked towards the hideout, drifting away from the others.

Beomgyu watched him for a moment before making a decision. "I will stay with him," he said. "You guys continue." Without waiting for a response, he followed Taehyun inside the hideout.

Yeonjun, Soobin, and Kai exchanged looks, a mixture of confusion and concern.

"Do you think he's okay?" Kai asked, voicing the worry they all felt.

At the hideout, Beomgyu found Taehyun standing at the edge of the pool, staring into the water the atmosphere was heavy with tension and unspoken words.

"Hey," Beomgyu called softly, walking up beside him. "You okay?"

Taehyun sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I don't know," he admitted. "Everything's just... a lot right now."

Beomgyu nodded, understanding. "You don't have to explain if you don't want to," he said. "But I'm here if you need to talk."

Taehyun gave him a small, appreciative smile.

"Thanks, Gyu. It's just... this whole thing with the keys, the riddles, finding out about my transparency... it's all too much."

"Here you go!" Taehyun slipped into the pool after receiving a playful push from Beomgyu, who laughed mischievously at his friend's surprise.

Taehyun surfaced, wiping the water from his face with a grin. "Come here!" he called, reaching up and grabbing Beomgyu's leg. With a swift tug, he pulled Beomgyu into the pool, sending a splash of water everywhere.

Beomgyu yelped as he fell in, quickly resurfacing with a wide smile. "Alright, alright, you got me!" he admitted, shaking water from his hair.

The two friends laughed, the tension of the day easing in the cool water. They splashed each other, their laughter echoing off the walls of the hideout. For a moment, they could forget about the mysterious keys and the riddles, and just enjoy being teenagers.

+×+

Meanwhile, at Soobin's house, the three boys stepped inside, receiving looks from the guards and security.