Chapter 24

"Finally!" Ajay let out a sigh as he stretched his arms outwards.

"Now we can attend least hope to not fail in the quiz tomorrow." Prachi let out.
We all agreed.

After preparing for the quiz for the last few days, we were now confident enough to attend it.
Apparently the cafe had become our new study spot for the week as the library had been too crowded.

"Well, I'll have Ajay return your notes tomorrow, once I'm done with the topic." Arjun said.
I mumbled an "okay" as I continued gathering my stuff and packing up.

"Thankyou guys. You've helped us alot with the missed portion these few days. Now we have a little less burden to deal with when we go back. And all the best to y'all too. You've worked hard, I'm sure you'll be fine with the quiz." Nikhil said getting up.

We said "Thankyou."

Arjun and Nikhil had joined us at the cafe too. They covered up their missed portion while we prepared for the quiz and in between helped them too.

"Now it's the matter of six days and we'll finally join you guys in college again." Nikhil sighed as we walked out of the cafe.

"Don't worry. The remaining days would pass by quickly too like other days." Isha reassured.

Then we bid goodbyes to the boys and walked to our hostels.

The next day, the quiz seemed unexpectedly easy for us and went well. Not because it was actually easy but because we had worked hard on it. Same as our other batchmates.

So, after the college, we decided to celebrate our little victory with the boys joining us too, at the cafe.

Everyone got seated as was ready to place orders. Arjun, who was sitting on my opposite side, asked everyone for their orders, skipped me, and went on to place the orders.
Leaving us confused. We stared at each other, awkwardly. I didn't say anything though.

'Maybe he didn't notice that he forgot asking me. It's ok, I can order.' I thought. But I couldn't help feeling a little uncomfortable.

When he was done, he smiled looking at us. But it was soon replaced by a look of curiosity when he sensed the tension.

"What happened guys? Do I perhaps have something on my face?" He asked innocently.

I looked away, not meeting his eyes.

Ajay moved his head as a 'No'.

"You forgot to ask Sai for her order." He said.

"Yeah, you asked everyone of us for our orders but you didn't ask her. And then went on to place the order." Isha complained. I could sense the upset in her voice.

Feeling even more uncomfortable, I was about to stop her.
When Arjun let out a chuckle, leaving us all confused.

I looked at him, a little offended.
He had a grin on his face as he said, "I already places her order. Didn't you hear when I told the waiter?"
All of us stared at him. Unable to interpret.

"I placed orders for all of us, including Sai. You just didn't hear it." He spoke again.

"But you didn't ask her. Then..." Isha mumbled.

"I didn't ask cuz I knew her order." He said shrugging his shoulders.
I looked at him confused but he only gave me a subtle smile.

We stayed silent for a while, until the waiter came up with the orders and placed them on the table in front of us.