Kabanata 29

Kabanata 29
Visitation

"Mom?!"

That hardly registered in my mind.

Narinig ko ang pagsara ng pinto at nakita kong si Aidan na bumalik muli sa aming kwarto.

"Why the hell is she here?!" sigaw ni Aidan.

He moaned with frustration etched on his face. Umupo siya sa gilid ng kama at napasabunot siya sa kaniyang buhok.

There was a knock at the door again. I quickly got up, grabbed my glasses from the side of the table, and put them on. I couldn't believe Aidan had left his mother standing outside.

Aidan looked at me, with an expression of mixed suprise and disbelief. His mother just came here to pay a visit, and it is clear how he doesn't want her here. Well, me too, dahil hindi pa ako handa na makilala sila. Nobody from his family has ever placed a foot in our house, and I am completely rattled that one of them is here.

"That is your mother, right?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko. "Bakit hindi mo siya pinapasok, Aidan?"

There was a brief moment of silence before he nodded, and felt a rush of cold realization. What in the world! There is no way that his mother is right in front of our house right now. This was  the worst timing imaginable!

Especially, we're still both almost naked and smell like we had sex for ages.

Damn, we're so fucking doomed!

Panicking, I rushed to the closet and started searching for something to wear. I took my citrus cologne and sprayed a bit of it on my body just to mask our stench from making love last night.

"Damn it!" he hissed. He doesn't look scared, anymore. He's pissed.

"You need to let her in!" I whispered firmly.

"What?!"

"Of course, you can't just leave her standing out there. Are you out of your mind?" sabi ko na may inis sa boses. It is disrespectful to her mom by doing that, obviously. Something that did not surprise me because I already knew that he's a huge brat.

Panandalian siyang tumingin sa'kin na may pag-aalinlangan sa kaniyang mga mata. Then he nodded and started to walk slowly to the front door. His reluctance is palpable, which makes me very nervous too. I am having a bad feeling about her mother's unexpected visitation.

"What took you so long to answer the door?" his mother asked, her tone stern, as Aidan finally opened it.

She is a middle-aged woman in her furious face confronted Aidan. Dressed simple but elegantly with a beige casual dress with a black designer bag slung over her arm. Namumukod tangi ang kaniyang dating.

I felt self-conscious in my casual attire--a loose grey shirt and black shorts. Samantalang si Aidan naman ay naka simpleng tank top at boxer shorts.

"You shouldn't be here," Aidan said, his tone flat, as he yawned, trying to act nonchalant. He changed his demeanor like a dead fish to make it seem like he was not affected by the situation.

His mom smirked as if she already expected this kind of response from Aidan.

"I have to talk to you, that's why I am here," she said firmly. "Sa tingin mo, sweetheart, what brings me here?"

She is still outside, having no plans of stepping in. I am sure it is because she is aware that her son doesn't want her to come in. I really want to take the responsibility of respecting her, pero nag-aalinlangan akong lapitan siya at anyayahan sa loob ng bahay. She seemed a lot more intimidating than Aidan.