We Will Tear Your City Down 🥺

Jake winced in pain as he limped down the corridor. Blood seeping through the makeshift gauze wrapped around his waist. His helmet was under his arm and his sword hung heavily in its sheath. It had been a bloody battle with many casualties on both sides, but Jake's army returned victorious. The enemy army had far more men than they had originally assumed and ended up getting ambushed during the night.

Jake was a knight. He had joined the army at the tender age of fourteen and rose through the ranks quickly. His father had been a a knight and so had his grandfather. It was only natural for him to follow in their footsteps.

"Shit." Jake cursed under his breath, stumbling slightly when his side throbbed painfully. A sword to the ribs wasn't fun. Jake was lucky it didn't hit any organs.

It was well past midnight at that point. Most of the knights who were uninjured or well enough to survive til morning went to bed in their barracks, but Jake was currently trying to keep his small intestines inside of his body. So he kind of needed a physician.

He was beginning to get lightheaded from the blood loss. 'Where the hell is Jinxx?' He thought to himself, trying to find the physician before he actually bled out. He had made a wrong turn and was a bit lost. He had no idea what part of the castle he was in, but based on the seemingly bare walls and plain floors, he knew he hadn't made the mistake of entering the part of the castle that held the royal family.

It was so dark in there that it was hard to tell where he was, but he was fairly confident it wasn't anywhere near the royal chambers.

Jake wasn't in the mood to get beheaded so he was going to avoid that area.

Jake slumped against a wall, trying to catch his breath. The pain was intense, and he was disoriented. His vision was blurry at that point and all he wanted to do was sleep. He hadn't slept in two days and was dealing with an injury on top of that.

He heard footsteps from around the corner, but couldn't tell how close the person was.

"Hello-? Jesus christ!" A deep voice exclaimed from down the hall, but Jake couldn't focus. The footsteps quickened and unknown hands found their way onto Jake's shoulders and neck. "Are you alright?" The other man asked, it was too dark to make out much, but he could clearly see the blood dripping from Jake's side.

"Where's Jinxx?" Jake slurred, trying to stand up straight but to no avail.

"Definitely not here." The man said, looking around to try and find anyone to help, but they were completely alone. "How did you manage to get this turned around?" The man asked in concern, slipping Jake's arm around his neck, bearing part of his weight.

"I don't know." Jake grumbled, allowing the man to help him since his options were do that or fall on his face.

The stranger lead Jake down the hallway and around a corner until they came to a large door. The man opened it and brought Jake into a dimly lit room. Jake couldn't make out much, but there were a couple of candles lit so he could at least see a large bed in the middle of the room.

"Sit down." He said, helping Jake sit down on the edge of the softest bed Jake's ever sat on(though anything was a luxury compared to what he was used to in the barracks). "Let me get some rags." He walked over to a table with a mirror and water pitcher and basin, pulling rags out of a dresser drawer next to him.

Jake blinked heavily, looking around the room, but the few candles in the room didn't do much to illuminate his apparent savior. All he could see was a tall, thin silhouette. "Take your shirt off, please." The man requested, dipping rags into a water basin. He was wearing a white night shirt and loose fitting black pants.