2 ~ Price for Survival

Valkyre POV

'Come to me, I want to mate with you'

The voice was loud in my head, something more profound, precise, and demanding.

'Come to me,' another voice rang in my mind. I pressed my hands against the sides of my head out of pain and insanity. I did not know who they were and what did they want.

And why now? Was it the creation of my mind or something real?

"Urghhhhhhhhhh," I cried out loud and looked at soldiers lifting their swords and fire torches before collecting and approaching the entrances.

"It's wolves," my father exclaimed, standing beside me. My mother inhaled a deep breath while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Again," she muttered, and I stared at them confusedly.

"Again? What do you mean? And what do they want? Why are they here? And why are these animals attacking the kingdom?" I questioned in confusion, and the growling in my head intensified.

'Come to us, we will make you our Luna. You belong here. Out and in the dark,' The message was clear, and I looked around to notice the piercing eyes of golden colours visible through the forest. There were many smells: earthy, woody, pine, rain and whatnot. It was making me uncomfortable and afraid.

"They want nothing, my child," my father said, wrapping his hand around my shoulder and inhaling deeply.

"We have to leave this place, too. They have found her," my mother said, and I gulped nervously. Nothing made sense—neither them nor my parents.

"But why? We just shifted here a few months back. Isn't our army dying and our money burning with the continuous change of the Kingdom? Sometimes abandoned, sometimes killing the King and winning, why?" My voice broke in the end, and my father collected me in a loose hug and said.

"The one with the extraordinary powers needs to make extraordinary decisions, sometimes to protect, sometimes to provide, and sometimes to survive," he looked at me.

"You know who we are," he said, and I nodded, letting a fresh trail of tears roll down my cheeks.

"We are the Gods, the ones with the supreme powers, and they want our powers," I said, recalling the essence of all the stories they had told me since childhood.

But this time, unknowingly, it all felt false. Gods do not run away from problems; they do not escape, especially from mere wolves. We could kill them, couldn't we?

"Mother! What the fuck is happening?" I heard Lucas's scream and turned behind to look at him. He was hiding behind his parents. A pinch of irritation grew in me. I hated weak men. They were of no use – just the showpiece of the dick with a crown, their masculinity lying in their fluid and their head always wearing an invisible crown.

"We need to leave," my mother said, and I followed her eyes. Despite silver swords and fire torches, the wolves managed to enter the borders. Their growls were brutal. Their eyes were looking for me. But why?

My father clutched his hand on my wrist and pulled me along. I didn't want to leave. Despite the fear, I could feel a connection with them. Why were their scents familiar, and why were their visuals appealing? Why were their growls directly from my dreams?

A dark black wolf, so tall that it would hide half of the moon when standing on the peak of the mountain. His mouth escapes the smoke, the smoke of cold, his growl deeper and scarred.

'You belong to us,' another voice rang in my mind, and I shut my eyes. My feet followed my father's lead as we stepped down the stairs. A group of soldiers accompanied us, and Lucas' family followed.