5 ~ Ragnar Rosè

Valkrye POV

"Aaaaeeeeee,"

I screamed louder than I could trust in my throat. Intense shivers ran through my body, collapsing me to my knees as I stared blankly at Lucas.

He was... dead.

His mouth was open; lips dried up faster than the leaves dry in the autumn, the blood trailing down to the curve of the pathway, running faster and faster, way too fast than the soul left his body.

His parents screamed in the sync.

"Lucas! My child," His mother kneeled to touch his face. Her fingers were quivering, and the wolf attacked me again before I could understand what had just happened.

I fell back when he pressed his front two paws over my chest and howled loudly.

"Aaaaah, helpppp," I screamed. My voice went shaky. I had never been scared of wolves like this before.

I always knew an imbalanced equation existed between me and the wolves, but I didn't know. I never thought that they wanted to kill me. I felt his nails piercing in my midriff, bleeding and cutting me. I cried out with pain and tried to press my hands in his face to push him away. My fingers mistakenly lay between his cannibalistic teeth. He pressed his mouth hard, chewing on my flesh, and I cried upon the blood trailing down my hands.

My chest tightened as the strong as well as the nerve-wracking pain erupted through the slicing of my skin. "Aahh, leaveeeee me," I screamed louder. My body struggled under his, and suddenly, a manly, deep, strange voice rang into my ear.

'I told you to obey me, and you chose to go against it. This is your punishment,'

I inhaled deeply and saw my father stepping forward with a silver sword. His feet were quick, and he lifted the sword high in the hair and swung it through the head of the wolf. I screamed louder.

He died. Right there, right in front of my eyes.

His dark red blood bathed me by spilling all over me, ruining my wedding dress. Uniting the blood of the wolves with mine, with Lucas', and I didn't know how much blood was waiting for me, desperate to be flown for me, by me and around me.

The people watching us began to scream and started running away.

My vision began to blur with the pain. Two dead bodies were around me. My chest panged with the pain. So brutal, uninvited and unbearable.

I didn't like Lucas, but right at that moment. I loved Lucas. Sadly, after his death.

Staring at his beheaded body, I burst into silent cries. This body saw me, married me and then lost himself for me in less than two days.

I hoped I had loved him for a single moment, the way he loved me in just one day.

"She is a monster,"

His mother cried out and looked at me. The tears trailed down her cheeks, and I hiccuped.

"She ate my son, the bitch," Her voice came out shaky.

"Rowan," Turning towards her husband, she burst into cries. "Why did you think this girl would be the best one for our Lucas? She ate our son. Our only son. Lucas. My Lucas," Her voice shivered, and I closed my eyes, letting the fresh tears roll down my cheeks.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry, Silver," He cried along, and I felt my mother's hand, which helped me to sit up. The blood was now feeling disgusting to me.

"I am so sorry, Your grace. I didn't know they would kill Luc-,"

"You are a monster," she raised her voice and stared deeply at me, clenching her jaw.