9 ~ Zephyr Aetherion

Valkyre POV

"You are a Goddess," she stated. "And the packs of wolves are ready to hunt you down," she added. "Its a matter of few days,"

My breath stopped for a moment at the word 'goddess'. "Goddess of what?" I asked, and she looked at me with disbelief.

"You don't know?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"How would I?" I asked in return, and she stared deeply into my eyes.

"What do you feel you are? Have you ever been to a forest or near people like you? Do they scare you or thrill you?" she asked, and I gulped nervously, wondering what she meant.

What were my people?

Why did I be in the forest to be near them?

"Wait a moment," I inhaled deeply, and my brows knit into a thin line before I asked, "Are you implying that I belong to those animals?"

She grew silent, and with each passing moment, she stayed shut until she chose to lower her gaze and reply. "It shall be you who finds it out. But have you never doubted yourself?" she asked, and I drowned deep in the ocean of questions about my reality.

Who was I, actually?

After Astra and Celestia left, I remained in my chamber, twisting and tossing in my bed, wondering what my next step should be. I wondered how I could get rid of the King, Lucas' father, and werewolves, too.

But what if I was one of them?

It was not possible.

How could it be?

I could not feel like them. Did I?

There was only one way to find out.

And, it was the history. I had to step into the library.

I stepped down before wasting any more moments, and an attendee joined me so I would not be left unchaperoned.

"You wait here for me," I asked her as I stepped into the old building. The lighting was dim, with only the dusk's slight brightness sneaking inside. My sandals clicked against the stone floor as I walked into the den, wondering who wrote these many books. I had never been much of a book fan.

The library was mainly round, with light chandeliers hanging from chairs thicker than me. Four long ladders reached the shelves' highest part, arranged in a circle against the wall. In the middle was a huge table.

It was wonderful.

But, I wondered where I could find the history of werewolves. I should have already begun.

And I did. I began studying the shelves and found them arranged topic-wise. There was politics, geology, and architecture; finally, I saw history. History of Gods, Demons, Demi-Gods, Dragons, history of what was before Gods, and at last, my sight fell on the history of werewolves. Hundreds of books were on it, and I wondered which to pick up.

The one near me was the Lycaon Appellation. I pulled it out and opened a random page. It was old, the pages were washed and yellow, and it smelled like wood.

I walked towards the table and hurriedly placed it before reading it. It was a random page.

But as soon as I began to read it, I felt goosebumps in my body. The handmade image of the Lycaon, the first werewolf, had intense eyes as if he were directly looking into mine. And their Goddess, the moon.

She was the one who accepted them when the world abandoned them. Since then, they have started praying for her. On each moon night, their powers heighten, and on each no-moon night, they feel incapable of fighting, so they hide.