7 ~ The God of Evil

Zephyr POV

*He is shifted into his wolf form, the Draugr.*

My front two feet landed on the damp land, the thundering speed of my leadership keeping me ahead of the pack. The thick scent of pine after rain and the sweet smell of decaying leaves were mere whispers in the air, drowned out by the mystic smell of the Eclipsia essence.

A loud howl of theirs followed after mine. We were closer to the dead body.

The full moon hung high in the inky sky, casting a ghostly glow over the dense forest. Shadows played tricks on the eyes, transforming the undergrowth into a labyrinth of dark shapes and eerie silhouettes.

As soon as we approached the dead body, the foreign smell of Eclipsia, combining dark forests' earthy aroma with hints of celestial energy and evoking a sense of mystery, power, and magic, became more assertive, more precise, and mesmerising.

Who was he?

What did he want?

A werewolf killed another one?

A Rogue?

Whoever it was, the end was near.

My paws halted as my sight fell on the dead body. Ragnar Darkheart, the Alpha of the Darkheart Pack. His body half shifted into the werewolf and half into the human. His eyes were out as if someone had painfully pulled them out, the red threads of blood visible, and the pupil had turned yellow. His face was white, whiter than the snow; there was no blood. The venom seemed disastrous.

I stepped closer to him.

The Eclipsia smell was more pungent near him, bringing water to my mouth. Inhaling sharply, I licked off my lips, and Draugr, my wolf, spoke to me.

'Woman'

'A woman did this?' I asked, unbelievably shocked.

'A Godly Woman'

'Just a woman?' I asked, but he stayed silent for a few moments.

'Perhaps not. The scent is different; I have smelled nothing in my seven hundred twelve years of life.'

I knew that.

'Can we trace her?' I saw my wolf and stepped closer to the dead body.

'She does not look like a wolf. There are no footprints of her. Just a tiny pair of human feet.'

I gulped and looked towards my howling pack.

'Burn his body and ask the pack to present the new Alpha and report me soon,' I ordered through the mind link, and they growled in unity.

For the last seven centuries, I had created my pack and made them loyal towards me. It was not an easy task after whatever happened. But, my passion, rules and fear penetrated their souls and darkened them to surrender to me.

We were known as the pack of devils.

They all were after the basic needs of life—sex, pups and survival.

We were the threat, justice and God of devils. Whatever happens in every corner of the pack comes to us for approval.

And, now, this death meant a war.

'Find the culprit. Bring her to me,' I ordered and left from there.

I came back to the castle I owned. This was the home of justice. I shifted into my human form and looked at my slaves, ready with my clothes.