3 ~ The Wedding

Valkyre POV

Climbing the stairs, I deliberately stumbled on the wooden stairs. "Careful," Lucas' father's hand immediately pushed against my lower back. "Ah," I let out a painful cry and immediately straightened back.

"Careful, you are still a little doll," he said, and I inhaled a deep breath, trying not slit not to slit his throat here. We needed him to save ourselves.

"Yes, Father," I knowingly said, and his face fell slightly.

I stepped over the ship and looked at Lucas, who was waiting for me. He tried to hold my hand, and I dusted off my dress. The sea waves looked high, and the noise was scary and exciting.

And suddenly, a deep growl shook me to the core. I immediately looked back, and there was no one. It was again in my mind.

I took a few steps back and alerted everyone.

"They are here," I fisted on my dress tightly. "The wolves are here," I repeated with a louder voice, and everyone came into motion.

"Pull the ropes," The captain of the ship yelled. The multiple smells strengthened, and I could feel that they were running very fast.

"Hurry up!" I yelled again. "Hurry up, they are near." My voice shook a little, and my heartbeats raced madly when I looked at the hundreds of pairs of eyes appearing through the thin fog. The ship began to move, and I took the steps back. They were running.

'You belong to us,'

'We will not let you leave,'

'You belong here,'

'Come to me, I will satisfy you,'

'No, I can plant my pups in you,'

The voices grew louder in my mind, and I closed my eyes. 'Fuck off!' I yelled back in my mind, and they growled harder.

'We want to mate with you. Do not let any men touch you. You will get impure,' a faded voice said, making me open my eyes. Why did they want to mate with me? An animal wishing to mate with a human? For pups? Why?

Finally, the ship moved off the shore and came into the water; the wolves even followed into the water but backed out. They looked angry, and I gulped silently.

"Are you okay?" My father asked, and I nodded.

"Why are they behind me?" I asked, a fresh tear rolling down my cheeks with fear. I couldn't even imagine what could have happened if they had caught me. I would be their meal or something worse.

"Nothing," my father said and suddenly Lucas' father said.

"I think we should hold the wedding ceremony here only. The moment we step down the Chain Islands, we will introduce Valkyre as the Princess of our Kingdom," he declared, and I pressed my teeth together. "We always wanted a God blood in our family to strengthen our roots," he added, and I thinned my brows.

"You are Gods, too?" I asked, and he chuckled with a slight nod.

"What are your powers?" I couldn't stop asking, and his gaze intensified as I looked into my eyes. "My powers are beyond your understanding, little doll. At the right time, you might witness them," he said in a slightly scary tone, and suddenly, my mother interrupted.

"I also think that you should get married to Prince Lucas as soon as possible, Valkyre." I turned to look at her; her red, teary eyes and scary face told me that they were so done with me. I knew it was difficult to protect one thing all their life.