8 ~ The Dragon

Valkyre POV

"I will do what is needed to shift the minimal to wholesome." His words did not scare me—that was an understatement. Instead, they shivered me to the centre of my bones.

The day I was bent before Lucas, I had my breath held, ready for all the consequences and roughness that awaited me, but a part of me knew that he did not keep the power to hurt me.

But, this man, the King of the Chain Islands, the Kingdom, did possess the strength and advantage to shatter me.

I silently nodded, dying for him to leave me alone.

"Good night," his half-smile was monstrous. His son had died in the morning, and he was reading to make another in the night.

He left in a few moments, and I looked away. I had to think about how to handle him. He was not safe for my future.

Suddenly, I noticed the maid helping me with the bath, staring at the King leaving. She was not scared but rather hurt. Her face told me that there was a story to tell.

And I had plenty of time to hear it.

After finishing the bath, I slipped under the bear's skin comforters to feel at ease during the chilly nights.

As soon as I drowned deep into deep sleep, I landed on my regular nightmare land. It was pitch dark, and I could only see the large white and bright moon. Ever since I knew I was alive, all my dreams had moons.

The faded noise of screams, the howling, and the wolves had me captured. And, on top of it all, I stood naked before them, my hair open, my claws sharp, and my canines animalistic.

I woke up with a jerk and immediately looked at my fingers. There were no claws, and I was dressed. I wiped the fearful sweat beads off my forehead.

Someone was crying.

Stepping down from the bed, I carefully followed the breathy crying voice, not coming from very far away. Who could it be?

I wondered and tip-toed towards the door. As soon as I approached, the sound became more sensual and heated.

It brought goosebumps over my skin, and I gulped with the fear.

My fingers curled around the door's handle, and I slowly pulled it. Its screeching sound raced my heartbeats, and for a moment, I thought to abandon the plan.

But, a part of me was curious.

I slowly pulled the door open and slipped through it. The hallway was pitch dark, and only the light from the hanging fire torches helped me see.

I silently walked on the stoned floor, following the now-increasing moans. I wondered who the daring one in the gallery was who could let his dirty voice echo in it.

The noise grew louder, and suddenly, my breath stopped. My sight fell on a young, tall man whose face I could not see. His long sword hung in his belt. He had a woman bent forward before him. Her gown was up to her waist, her legs bare, wobbling before him, and his hips were thrusting into her at an insane speed.

I would be lying if I said I did not feel anything when I saw it. It was the first time I had witnessed it with my own eyes. I knew what it was and why, but it looked more thrilling than scary.

The woman was hanging against the wall, her fingers aching to hold on to anything, when suddenly his face turned towards me.

He did not flinch even a bit. Instead, his eyes sparkled, and he grabbed the woman's neck to make her look at me. She moaned louder and closed her eyes. Seeing her, I felt my knees weak.