The Party

It was in a nice big mansion in rural Japan. The setting was in the opening of the building, a man who was the invitation man (IDK the name for it. It's not a bodyguard because that doesn't seem right).

Right now, he was looking though the list again until he heard the door open and close. "Konichiwa", our favorite white-haired lady said, wearing a black dress with jewelry accessories. The pink lighting making her white hair look slightly pink.

 The pink lighting making her white hair look slightly pink

"Kelly." she said. "Kelly..." the man said, looking at the list, "Kerī, haitte mo ī yo." (Miss Kelly, you may come in.) the man said as Sumiko nodded. "LINCOLN! LET'S GO!" she yelled. Lincoln then came bolting out the door wearing a tuxedo. "Koibito, what took you so long?" she asked. "Sorry, okasan, I was tying my shoe." Lincoln said. 

"Thompson?" the man said. "Thompson?" Lincoln asked Sumiko. "That was your father's last name. I changed your surname last night." Sumiko said. Lincoln was pretty happy about that. He in no way wanted to be a Loud anymore. "Yep. Thompson." Lincoln said happily. 

It cuts to inside the party. It was all casual. What was the event about, you ask? The event was an annual party every year inside the neighborhood. It was a December end of the year party. "Be on your best behavior, ok?" Sumiko asked. "Okasan, when have I ever acted out to you?" Lincoln asked. "I'm just making sure that you're aware." she said. Suddenly, she saw Chiyo. "I got to go. Be good." Sumiko said, trusting Lincoln on his own. Suddenly, Lincoln heard vomiting. He was near the female restroom.

He then saw Akari in a pink skirt with a black shirt.

"Akari! Over here!" Lincoln said as he walked over to her

"Akari! Over here!" Lincoln said as he walked over to her. Thank goodness he was wearing regular sneakers. "Lincoln-San! Hi!" Akari said as she walked over to him while chewing on cinnamon bubblegum.

"What are you doing here?" she asked while violently chewing. Her breath smelled terrible, and the gum didn't help, it just made it smell like cinnamon-y vomit. "Oh, my mom goes to this party every year. It's my first time here." Lincoln said. "Irasshaimase!" (Welcome!) She spoke. 

Suddenly, a girl in her late teenage years with brown hair and a long pink dress showed up to them. "Konichiwa!" she said. "Konichiwa!" Akari said. "Brittney?" Lincoln said. "Lincoln-San!" she said. "You two know each other?" Akari asked Lincoln. "She is my cousin!" Lincoln said. "Really?" Akari asked. "Yeah, she graduated last year. You know that pink-haired girl that goes to our school?" Lincoln asked. "Yeah?" Akari asked. "That's our cousin!" Brittney said. "I could figure that out with the weird pink and white hair, no offense, but you have brown hair?" Akari asked. Brittney then let down her hair and shook it a bit, revealing some white streaks. "The rare hair is all in the family." Brittney said. 

"Want to get some punch?" Akari asked. "Sure/Ok." Lincoln and Brittney said. 

It cuts to the punch stand; Lincoln gets a cup and fills it. Suddenly, a servant put out his hand. "Hmm? Oh!" Lincoln said as he handed him a piece of gum. "Your tip, sir!" Lincoln said. The servant looked at him unamused. 

When Sumiko and Chiyo were talking, a servant walked up to them, holding a tray with champagne glasses on it. "Oh, arigato." Sumiko said, taking a glass. "Arigato." Chiyo said, also taking a glass. The servant cleared his throat and put out his hand. "Oh, that's right." Sumiko said as she gave the servant a piece of gum. "Kazoku de keiei shinakereba naranai" (Must run in the family.) the servant said. 

"So, are you 2 dating?" Brittney asked. "What?!" they both asked, blushing. Brittney giggled at them. "I'm playing with you; I know you're just friends." Brittney said, "For now..." she muttered. "I'm going to talk to my mother." she said as she walked over to Chiyo. 

"So, Lincoln-San, do you want to do anything this weekend?" Akari asked. "I'm available. Why?" Lincoln asked. "There is a new movie being released. It's like a horror Christmas movie. I was wondering if we could go together." Akari said. "I would actually love that." Lincoln said. Akari smiled at his reply.

"Oh, look at my baby, talking with a girl. I'm telling you, that's my future daughter-in-law." Sumiko said. "Hey, don't go that far." Brittney said. "I know." Sumiko said. That was just a mother being a mother. 

"Well, I got to go early. It's a family thing. Bye, Lincoln-San." Akari said a she quickly pecked Lincoln's cheek, leaving him red and frozen.

To be continued...

End of chapter 18