(𝟎𝟎) 𝐞 𝐧 𝐝 𝐨 𝐟 𝐬 𝐮 𝐦 𝐦 𝐞 𝐫

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑

I hold the phone to my ear with one hand, holding my fatboy ice cream sandwich in the other. "Hola." I say, my mouth hangs open when the freezing cold ice cream touches my sensitive teeth. Fucking sensitive teeth.

"RORY!" Catty Kat screams into the phone, I curse under my breath. "Present." I mutter.

"Guess what day—wait are you eating something?"

"Ya, why?"

"Whatcha eating then?"

"A fatboy."

She snorts. "I didn't think fatboys were your type." I can just imagine the smirk playing on her face, I groan and roll my eyes. "The ice cream, you bitch." Her giggles run down the line. "Anyways, today's the last day of summer," She states the obvious.

"Ya, why,"

She groans, "Shut up with your
''ya why'' bullshit, it's getting old." She mocks in a deeper voice, annoyingly. I snort, throwing the icecream wrapper away. "Whatever you want to say, please hurry up and say it before I hang up."

"Okay okay, As I said it's the last day of summer before school starts, and we have to do something!" She exclaims, I lick my fingers. "Likeee?"

"Hold on, I'm adding pinkypie to the call." I hum in response, "K."

Whilst I wait, I move from the kitchen counter to peak through the door at both my parents whisper yelling aggressively at one another, I can't hear what they are saying exactly nor have I mastered the art of lip reading. But the thing I can read from this situation is that they are very angry with one another. They always are.

I suck in a breath when my mama's eyes flicker to mine, sending a sharp glare my way that screams.
"Aurora Miller, fuck off" and I find myself scurrying away from the kitchen, and them. I jump stomach first onto my bed, fiddling with a loose strand of hair. "Hello?"

"Hi!!" Pinkypie, also known as Arianna's voice squeals through the phone, clashing with catty kat's. "So I was thinking.. We should have a sleepover at my place," Kat begins. "Eat pizza, watch movies. Spend our last day of summer together!"

"Hmm." Aria hums, I look back to the wooden door sparing me from the aggressive whispering that has finally escalated into loud, aggressive screaming between one another.

Words that range from "Fuck you!" to "I wish we never got fucking married," and we can't forget. "This entire thing was a mistake. " Oh and the classic, "You don't mean that, Sam." I can hear the heartbreak in my moms voice.

"I'm in." I blurt, unthinkingly. I haven't even asked yet, But I need to go. I just have to walk in the kitchen with my emotion on my face, my mom will feel bad and say yes to just about anything. My dad will shake his head and look at me with such guilt, If I wasn't used to their dumbshit it would make my feel worse than I already do.

I was the cause of this marriage, I already feel bad enough.

"Fuck yeah!" Kat chirps down the line, "And you, Aria?" Aria hums. "Uh—I don't know yet, I'm gonna go ask my ma." Aria says before her line goes quiet besides the padding of her feet on her hard wood floor, and Kat's distant humming on her line.

I stare at the collage of photos hanging on my memory board of me, Aria, and Kat throughout the summer. Us at the beach, us biking in the middle of the woods. Us at a fancy Cafe my bank account will never be able to recover from. And much more.

A spot is saved for our first day of highschool together, right next to us sitting in a tree outside of Kats house, I fell off the tree mid shot: Bruised my tailbone and everything, made a great photo though.