(𝟏𝟎) 𝐡 𝐞 𝐚 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧

LUCA GIOVANNI

"We should play a game," Jameson insists, waving a red solo cup around. I glare at him when liquid tips out of the cup in the process. I drag a hand down my face, fighting off exhaustion. "No," I mumble, scowling.

I hear Nico snort, now I'm glaring at him. "Somebody's a little grumpy, now hm?" He teases, cheeks flushed and words slurring. He was beyond drunk, and I didn't want to be the one to clean up the vomit that will happen soon enough.

"Fuck off, Allstar." I grumble, sinking into my chair.

Matteo sighs loud, Jameson beside him when they both stand. "Too bad, Cap. What's a party without a little fun." He sends me a dimpled grin, I frown, annoyance bubbling my insides.

People stumbled around to form somewhat of a sad excuse of a circle, some drunk, some tipsy, some sober. I didn't care, I was beginning to get so tired I was counting the seconds until I could call this party over.

The only reason I have to play is the girl sat directly in front of me, her two friends beside her. Cheeks flushed, piercing eyes glaring at every moving organism.

Her little mixed African American friend tightly hugged to her side; she looked like a mother hen protecting her eggs, and it infatuated me for some reason.

How could she be so cold but so tender and protective at the same time?

Jameson had decided on the game "seven minutes in heaven" This gathered peoples attention: Horny, drunk teenagers specifically.

"We'll each spin the bottle, whoever it lands on gets to pair two people up together to be locked in that closet for seven minutes," Matteo explains. "Everyone should already know the rules to this game, so I won't be wasting my time explaining it."  He shrugs.

Matteo reaches over, flicks the empty, glass beer bottle around. It spins, I watch it thoroughly, eyes blinking slower and slower each time. It finally lands, on my bestfriend Dominic. I send him a wide eyed look, begging with my eyes to be my wingman and pair me up with Aurora.

"Please." I mouth.

He narrows his eyes, rolling them before sighing in defeat. Jameson laughs, eyes glimmering in mischief. "Who do you choose, Dommy boy?" His tone has a teasing  lint, one that pissed off Dominic.

Forcing a smile, he says. "I choose Aurora and Luca." He breathes, glaring at me.

Suddenly I'm wide awake, grinning like a maniac and jumping to my feet. Aurora curses under her breath as she stands, adjusting her top before stalking right past me; Heading straight for the closet with me trailing behind her.

"Ten bucks they won't be coming out of that closet anytime soon." I hear snickering.

"Please, I doubt she'd do anything with the boy, she can hardly stand the poor lad."

"I doubt he'd want to do anything with her." That voice was familiar.

I open the door for her, she rolls my eyes at my gesture and my stomach flutters—what the fuck is that? I shake off the feeling, following her in.

The closet is hot, humid, small, tight, and poorly decorated. Storage bins line the walls, making the space even smaller. I run a hand through my hair, lean against the wall. "So, What do you want to do for seven minutes, Hm?" I hum, ignoring my sudden nerves.

She crosses her arms, I keep my eyes up. "I can't believe I'm stuck with you," She scowls.

I hold my heart, jaw dropped and offended. "Excuse me—One that's no way to talk to a friend. Two, what's wrong with me!?"