24) Secret(Amelie)

Before I reached second block I had roughly heard the chatter that Weston was walking around with cut knuckles and a bruising eye. But I wasn't sure if it was just chatter in the wind or true fact, so I chose not to believe it.

    That was until lunch, I walked into the cafeteria and sat down next to Weston. I passed a glance up and my gaze locked with Bentleys. He had the tiniest bit of dried blood around his nostril and his hands that laid on the table were also scrapped.

    "Weston." I said turning towards him. "Why the fuck did you fight Bentley?"

    "Personal matter, but we're all good now, right Benny?" He beamed.

    "Yeah we're good."

    "Bentley, you still have blood on your nose." He lifted his hand and began to rub the side of his nose to clear the dried blood away but all he did was open the cuts. Blood started dripping from his nose and Bentley was up and walking away. I got up and started walking to follow him but Weston snagged my wrist.

    "Why are you following him?"

    "He's bleeding, Weston let me go."

    "Don't make me hate my best friend again." He said in a hushed voice. So hushed I thought no one else heard, but then Nash spoke with food in his mouth.

    "Don't call other people your best friend bitch. I'm your best friend."

    I used the distraction to slip my hand from his grip and follow after Bentley. I followed where I heard Bentley's feet go, entering the boys bathroom.

    "You shouldn't be in a boys bathroom Amelie."

    "Why did you and Weston fight?" I asked slumping against the sink.

    "That's for him to tell you." Bentley replied, sticking a paper towel up his nose. As if on cue, Weston walked into the bathroom. He made a simple head gesture and Bentley walked out without a word.

    Weston came up and stopped right in front of me.

    "I'm hurt too." He said his voice tinged with jealousy.

    "You're not really jealous of Bentley right now, are you?"

    "I'm jealous of every man that's ever had the pleasure of laying their eyes on you."

    "If you had blood gushing out of your nose I'd follow you to the bathroom too."

    "Don't lie, no you wouldn't. You'd be praying that I lose enough blood so that I die."

    "I wouldn't even dream of such a thing."

    I have in fact dreamt of such a thing.

    "Sure princess."

    "Why did you and Bentley fight?"

    "Because he told me that if I actually cared about you I'd stay away." He lifted his hand up as if he was going to touch me, but then dropped it.

    "Maybe you should." I whispered

    "I definitely should." He rasped.

    "Then why don't you?"

    "We have a kid, Amelie, I can't leave you." He smiled, sadly.

    "I'm being serious Weston."

    "I guess I can't. You're like gravity to me, somehow I'm always getting pulled in your direction."

    "I should hate you."