Chapter 1-5

Chapter 1

  "When, when, when -"

  The end of work bell rang, and the captain of the Xiaohe production team looked at Tianlong.

  When they heard the bell, everyone stopped what they were doing. Some of them ran away with their farm tools on their shoulders, while others left for the warehouse after packing up.

  This time, we have everything.

  The captain patted the big clock and went to the warehouse with his hands behind his back. He looked at the people arriving one after another to hand over farm tools, with a satisfied smile on his face.

  Zhao Xiumei carried a hoe and followed a group of people to the warehouse. From time to time, she turned her head to look in the direction of the village entrance. Whenever someone came, she would crane her neck to take a look.

  "Sister Xiumei, I heard that your little girl went to the county town to look at the list. Oh, your family is really amazing. There will be a city dweller in the future."

  Zhao Xiumei accepted the flattery from others without any hint of modesty, "That's because my Le'er is so smart and she was born to be a city dweller."

  Although she said that, Zhou Le went to the county town early in the morning and has not come back yet, so she felt a little panicked.

  Others only thought that Zhao Xiumei's attitude was too arrogant. Her husband, Zhou Laoer, was the captain's brother, and now her daughter had to go to the city to work as a temporary worker. If Zhao Xiumei had a tail, she wouldn't be able to raise it to the sky. .

  Several women who usually didn't get along with Zhao Xiumei immediately gathered together and started to whisper.

  "Sister-in-law Xiumei, the third son of sister-in-law Yueju's family has come back a long time ago. She said she didn't see the names of our brigade children on the list."

  How could Zhao Xiumei want to hear this, "Can she compare with my Le'er? She is so smart, she will definitely pass the exam. Maybe she was retained by the leader because of her passing."

  Some people said mean things, and naturally some people said good things. It can be seen that Zhao Xiumei was not in the mood to listen to these words before her daughter came back.

  After handing over the farm tools, Zhao Xiumei gave the key to the kitchen to her eldest daughter-in-law Fang Guiqin and asked her to take the other two daughters-in-law home to cook first. She went to the entrance of the village to see if the younger daughter was back.

  Who would have expected that within two steps, her eldest grandson Goudan Saya ran over and said, "Mistress, it's not good, my sister-in-law jumped into the river!"

  Zhao Xiumei's head buzzed, her body swayed, and she was about to fall backwards. Song Laidi, the second daughter-in-law, was close and quickly supported her.

  "Mom!" Fang Guiqin slapped her thigh and was about to grab her son. Zhao Xiumei moved faster and grabbed Goudan's collar, "Where can I jump into the river? Take me there quickly!"

  Zhao Xiumei almost shouted, her whole body was shaking and her voice was shaking.

  "Patriot, come on, your sister jumped into the river, carry your mother on your back to the river." Xu Sanying, who usually didn't get along well with Zhao Xiumei, looked at Zhou Aiguo, the eldest son of the Zhou family, who was running over, and waved to him quickly.

  When Zhou Aiguo heard this, he quickly ran over and ran towards the river carrying Zhao Xiumei on his back.

  The captain also called on a few young adults who could swim to follow him.