Chapter 2 : Petalburg Loss 🍂

After a couple of days of walking, Kai has finally made it to Petalburg City. Torchic is also quite stronger (lvl. 11). As of now he is challenging his 1st gym.

Kai POV

I walked inside the gym and it was completely dark, as if it was a dark type gym or something. And then as I made one more step inwards, the lights switched on and the spotlight was on me.

"Hello challenger, I am Norman. I am the Petalburg Gym Leader, what shall be thou name?" Norman asked in a fancy voice.

I decided to keep the accent.

"Thy name is Kai Mizuko, from Littleroot Town and I challenge you to an official gym battle!" I confidently declared.

"Very well, let's proceed" said Norman as a referee came out of the dark and stood on right side of the middle of the field. Then the lights came on. It blinded me a bit at first but then my eyes adjusted.

Then the referee started speaking.

"This will be a three on three match! Only the challenger is allowed to make substitutions! Both trainers please send out your first Pokémon!" The referee's voice boomed over the stadium.

"Go Torchic, I choose you" I said as I threw Torchic's pokeball to the battlefield.

"Go Snorlax!" Norman said as he threw a pokeball at the battlefield.

"Match.... BEGIN!" The referee shouted, so loud that it echoed through the whole gym.

It felt amazing, doing something that I'd only seen T.V. before!

I'm fighting an official gym battle! How cool is that??

As my mind raced with these thoughts, Norman seized the opportunity and attacked first.

"Snorlax, BODY SLAM!" Norman yelled.

Snorlax immediately jumped up into the skies and lunged at Torchic.

"Torchic, quick attack! Then flame charge" I commanded.

Snorlax barely missed Torchic and bodyslammed the floor, then got up and chased after him but Torchic was too fast and easily dodged any attacks coming his way.

Then Torchic turned around and got engulfed in flames, indicating that it was using flame charge. However I didn't even command him to do this... even though this was what I wanted to him to do.

Did Torchic feel my thoughts? But how is that possible?? I'm not an Aura Guardian. Nor do I have any Aura related power or even any experience with Aura at all... so what the heck just happened??

I brushed it off as a coincidence.

Then Torchic used flame charge and went flying, smashing right into Snorlax's stomach, delivering a critical hit.

"Yess Torchic!!" I mumbled to myself.

Torchic after landing that critical blow, jumped off and Snorlax went flying, crashing into the other side of the stadium.

Snorlax was seriously hurt and probably wouldn't be able to continue for much longer so Norman knew he had to wrap it up.
It was now or never and the next attack would be game changing.

"Hyper Beam!!" Norman said loudly.

But I had my own counter to that... or atleast I thought I did.

"FLAME CHARGE!! MAX POWER" I yelled.

Torchic used his full power and cut right through the hyper beam, but at the last second before Torchic was going to collide with Snorlax, Norman yelled "Ice Punch".

Even with Torchic's incredibly great speed, he couldn't dodge this attack as he was already to close.

Both me and Torchic started panicking and that did nothing more than help Norman even more.

Just like that Snorlax's fist glowed blue and smacked torchic across the room, hitting Torchic at point blank distance.

Honestly it was painful to watch and I knew that Torchic was finished...

But Norman wasn't gonna take any risks so he ordered Snorlax to land ANOTHER Hyper Beam!!!

Torchic at this point, too injured to get up, took the hit and fainted within seconds.

I had no more Pokémon so I returned Torchic and walked out of the gym, my head hanging low.

I guess I was too confident and unprepared. Torchic needs to be way stronger to defeat Normans mighty Snorlax. And that's just one of Normans Pokémon and we couldn't even take it down. I don't know what I was even thinking.

With my morale running low, I head into the Pokécenter, handing Nurse Joy Torchic's pokeball and going back into my room that I had rented a few weeks prior as I knew I would be coming here to rest, even if I won.

Tomorrow I'm gonna practice a whole lot! I thought to myself as I lay in my bed, slowly falling asleep.

* * * * *

I was feeling extremely hungry as I was moping so much I completely forgot to eat dinner so I ordered some Pizzarolls for breakfast.

I know it's not the healthiest breakfast a guy could eat but I'm a 10 year old with cash, what do you expect?..

After finishing my scrumptious meal I headed out to the public training grounds that were located right beside the Pokémon Center.

2 hrs later...

"Torchic USE FLAME CHARGE ON THAT DUMMY NOW!" I yelled at Torchic as he gave a nod and ran at an extremely fast speed, flames spiraling out of his whole body.

The attack was so powerful it made a bit of a crater where it landed on the wooden dummy. The dummy was not completely knocked off balance though so I was about to tell Torchic to do it again when I saw the time.

It was 10 AM and I had originally planned to quit training at 9:30...

"Torchic that's enough for now buddy, return" I said as Torchic got returned to his Pokeball.

Then I picked up my backpack, wore it and ran off.

I was going to Rustboro City because I planned to train there. It was also conveniently where the next gym was nearest gym was located.

THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 2 OF 'CHRONICLES OF LUGIA' I HOPE YOU ENJOYED. TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS IF THERE IS ANYTHING I SHOULD ADD/REMOVE IN THE STORY.

CHAPTER THREE WILL BE PUBLISHED TOMORROW (24 MAY 2024)! AGAIN IF YOU COULD PLEASE TAKE A SECOND TO UPVOTE THIS CHAPTER THEN THAT WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED! AND I'LL SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.