sorrows sorrows prayers, s/ep

SORROWS SORROWS PRAYERS, s/ep.            

"VIRGINS TO THE LEFT, WHORES TO THE RIGHT."

            APHRODITE STEPPED INSIDE OF THE ROOM THAT CONSISTED OF ALL OF HER SIBLINGS, she was not on time, it looked as though she hadn't slept for years on end and her mother had already made it there and would turn around to see her. "Aphrodite." The queen addressed the sight of her child.

   "Mother," Aphrodite responded, her voice hoarse, as she moved to sit in an empty seat in the middle of the room. Her siblings watched her, their expressions puzzled.

"Mummy, it is far too early," Adolphus muttered, a cigarette dangling from his mouth.

"Mother, you cannot summon us in such a manner," George added, irritation clear in his voice.

"It's unjust. I will not tolerate it," Prince William chimed in, sprawled on the floor.

"You are all insufferably self-absorbed," Aphrodite remarked, rolling her eyes before reclining on the couch.

"Indeed. We have lives," Edward interjected.

"We have matters of business to attend to," Adolphus continued.

   "By business, do you mean fornicating with your mistresses, or do you mean producing more bastards for me to ignore?" The queen retorted sharply.

   "At least we have children," one brother mumbled, casting a disparaging look at Aphrodite.

Queen Charlotte stared at the group, shaking her head. "My word. There are impressionable ladies present." Another brother spoke.

Aphrodite rolled her eyes and scoffed. "At least I don't carry the clap wherever I go," she shot back, sitting up to face him. "Are you even certain those children are yours?"

Queen Charlotte only sighed, "Trust me, Edward, No sexual Innuendo makes an impression upon your sisters." She continued, "I wish it did, that they might get ideas to marry and start fornicating."

"She's starting again," Aphrodite groaned.

"Mother!" Princess Mary interjected, her tone indignant.

"Perhaps I would not speak on the topic if I had legitimate grandchildren," the queen retorted sharply, turning on her heel. "Instead, virgins to the left of me, whores to the right."

"Mother!" Aphrodite exclaimed, her frustration palpable.

"I believe I am a married woman!" Elizabeth finally spoke up.

"Yes!" Queen Charlotte whirled around to face her, "And where are your children? You have produced no heirs to the throne."

"I am trying!" Elizabeth defended herself.

"Are you? Truly?" the queen countered.

"Not hard enough," one of the brothers muttered under his breath.

"Dearest, I explained everything to you. I even drew you pictures." This comment elicited laughter from a few of the brothers. "Are you certain you're doing it correctly? Ensuring he's putting it in the right place?" the queen inquired.

"Mother!" Elizabeth cried out in embarrassment. Aphrodite shook her head and sighed in disbelief.

"The only heir to the throne is dead!" Queen Charlotte declared, striding forward. Princess Charlotte's husband sobbed loudly in the corner. The queen patted his back awkwardly, "Sorrows, sorrows. Prayers." She withdrew her hand and turned her attention back to the family. "I am stating facts. The princesses have had no children. The princes have fathered a record number of illegitimate children."