Chapter 13

You had frozen in place, the sound of fighting just around the corner while your heartbeat grew louder by the minute. You were feeling a sensation you had long since felt; it had been so long you weren't even sure if it was just fear or you were worried for Atsushi. All you had to do was give orders to the person Atsushi was fighting with, and everything would be fine, but what if you aren't quick enough or doing so results in Atsushi viewing you as the same filth as those within the Port Mafia...? Your expression remained empty and devoid of emotion; however, the fear was all too real; you could not move or decide what to do. It was almost as if you were subconsciously waiting for someone to tell you what to do and what decision you needed to take, and that is when a new thought appeared within your mind. Was this feeling because you had become overwhelmed by making a decision yourself. Your mind and body told you to obey Atsushi's order to flee if you were to encounter Akutagawa; however, despite how quiet the voice in your heart was, it was there nonetheless, and it was telling you to help Atsushi. But what consequences would be waiting ahead for choosing to help Atsushi, but what consequences would be waiting if you decided to run instead? Amidst your thoughts, if only for a moment, you felt someone's hands on both your shoulders and a faint whisper of 'help him'. However, when you quickly turn around and see nothing, you can't help but place a hand on your shoulder, still feeling the sensation of someone holding onto you from behind. That feeling was the final push you needed to finally make your decision, and you decided to go against what Atsushi recommended, and you moved forward.

However, when you finally turn the corner, the sound of Atsushi's piercing cry fills your ears, and you witness his leg being cut off by Akutagawa's ability. The colour of red splatters across the dark walls and ground of the alleyway as Atsushi continues to yell in excruciating pain as he holds onto the stub from where his leg has just been cut off.

Akutagawa has a slim build and almost unnaturally pale skin. He's covering his face with his hand due to his coughing. He has short, choppy black hair with side bangs that reach his chin and turn white at the tips. His eyes are sharp, somewhat baggy, and a dark, empty grey. He's wearing a long, black coat reaching past his knees over black-fitting pants and black dress shoes. Underneath his overcoat, he dons a white dress shirt decorated with a layered ruffled fabric and wears a white jabot.

His cold, empty eyes remained on Atsushi like a beast eyeing its prey, ignoring the smaller prey ahead. "Akutagawa!" you yell, trying to move his attention from Atsushi, which results in both males looking at you. "Y/N-san, run!" he shouts, his face flooded with nothing but worries and anxiety, as he becomes scared for your safety and filled with anxiety, wondering what he should do, almost as if there's a voice inside his mind yelling something to him, just how you had heard that faint whisper not too long ago. "You can wait while I finish hunting a tiger first," Akutagawa comments as he covers his mouth and coughs. However, he had failed to notice that you had already begun to activate your ability, and there was no time for hesitation. With a defiant and determined look in your eyes, you stared down Akutagawa, "forget what happened here and return to the Port Mafia," you order him, and his ability recedes into his overcoat, and he frowns at you before walking towards your direction. Walking past Atsushi, he continues to walk forward, which alarms Atsushi greatly, "Y/N, no!" he yells, reaching out his arm towards you as he loses his balance and falls to the ground. You had felt your ability activate; however, watching the murderous male walk towards you still caused a sense of dread to fill you until he walked past you and left the alleyway. Only now could you breathe once more, and your legs finally gave in, causing you to collapse onto the ground as you tried to catch your breath. It took a few moments, but you had regained your composure, and your ever-blank expression returned, but the worry in your eyes remained; you looked up to see Atsushi looking at you astounded, not sure how to react, but as he watched you run towards him, he's snapped out of his thoughts.