[01] - [Raven]

________________________________________________________
-This story is a work of fiction-

Similarities between names, characters, places, incidents, and persons living or dead are purely coincidental. They are either products of the imaginations or inspiration and are used fictitiously.

If you continue to read beyond this point, it means to me you're aware and have acknowledged this notice.
________________________________________________________

The material Ion was used as a renewable energy source for humanity, bringing the next step in human evolution. Now a man-made synthetic variant is used, for the Ion has disappeared, but the dangers of what humans never truly understood still remains. While beneficial, Ion is highly dangerous.

[P.C. 089]

Floating within the darkened cockpit were various items from neatly folded clothes, liquid containers and a tablet. Among them was a young fair skinned man, his body curled in the fetal position as he slept. Occasionally he would bump into the walls of the cockpit before being sent to the opposite direction.

"Azuma." A female voice spoke to him through the intercom.

Slowly, Azuma stirred awake at the voice, "We're approaching the Vanadis Institute central colony." A male voice added.

"Wal-" Azuma stopped himself, "Mr. Seitz." He corrected himself.

"ETA ten minutes before we reach docking bay seven."

"Ten minutes?!" Azuma said to himself. Scrambling as quickly as he could, Azuma quickly attempted to grab everything floating around him, unaware the cockpit was opening

"H-hold on! Wait!"

As the cockpit opened, a young woman, and an older, much larger man watched in surprise as everything began to float out of the opened cockpit with Azuma being the last to come out. Seeing them, he only gave a forced smile and an embarrassed chuckle.

"H-hey Mr. Seitz, Licca."

"Are you living in there?" Licca asked as she tried to look inside the cockpit as Mr. Seitz, Wallace, grabbed Azuma by the wrist, pulling him down into the catwalk.

"Look there." Wallace pointed, Both Azuma and Licca looked towards the large window Wallace pointed at. Beyond that, there was a large station. A massive colony consisting of five large spheres. In the center was the largest sphere, then four that were a third the size of the center. All of them connected by large bridges and machinery and portions connected to chucks of stray asteroids.

"The central colony of Vanadis." Azuma said to himself as he walked closer to the windows, "How far are we, Mr. Seitz?"

"This colony sits at the halfway mark between Mars and the Earth's moon. Quite some distance away from the APEX center colony near Venus. Earth may even be more visible from here than it would be back home."

"And Lady Proxima wanted me here?"

Neither Wallace nor Licca said anything as they looked at both the massive colony and Azuma.

Licca instead turned her attention to the Dreadnought. Locks attached to its wrists and ankles and mid torso, "We'll need to get this one prepped for shipping as well, Wallace."

Wallace looked at the large Dreadnought as well. A machine at fifteen meters and armor covered in a gray and blue paint scheme with accents of white around the body and upper arms. The name given to the Dreadnought was Raven, one out of two of its specific type.