[03] - [A Glorious Duel]

Gale pointed at Azuma, making him jump a bit in response,

"Azuma had beaten me in combat, either by skill or a fluke. Most of the people here haven't seen the combat of an APEX Dreadnought. So there's value in learning more about it, and what better way to gain that knowledge than through combat? Right?"

"Gale, what are you implying?" Nerissa asked.

"I would like a rematch with your pet."

Nerissa looked to Azuma who forced a smile and a small laugh, "Is that really necessary?"

"I have to agree with Azuma. But at the same time, it's you we're talking about, Gale. That means there's more to this, yes? So what is it you're really getting at?"

Gale sighed before getting up out of the chair, "While repairs to the Dreadnoughts were being done, I ran into Helena in the hangar and she pointed a few things out to me about the Raven. In particular, the thicker layers of armor on its forearms. Specifically where the forearm meets the bicep. Not only that but another layer of armor on the left forearm."

"The Raven had more weapons to it than a simple sword mace. A small shield and two knuckle guards. So Azuma, this leads me to believe you may have not fought with everything. But it was also your first actual time fighting, but you've also had it for two years, right?"

Gale looked back at Azuma, "Were you aware of those or not?"

"Gale, I think Azuma would be aware of what his Dreadnought has and doesn't have." Nerissa quickly spoke up, but Azuma started right after.

"Actually, I didn't know."

"Seriously?!" Nerissa yelled. Gale didn't speak. Instead, he walked to Azuma's side and put a hand on his shoulder, "Now that you are aware, I expect you to use them in our battle."

Azuma had just looked up at Gale and nodded, "But I have one request, Gale."

"I'm not special. So don't treat me as if I am. I'm really just expendable." Azuma said as if it were something to be proud of. But Gale's own expression changed as his eyes grew slightly as did Nerissa's due to Azuma's comment about himself. Then Nerissa quickly changed the subject.

"Anyway, I need to get ready and take a bath so both of you, get out."

Without another word, Azuma and Gale were sent out. Gale only gave Azuma a quick glance before walking away.

As for Nerissa, she filled a tub with water before letting herself sink into it, tying her hair up to keep it from getting wet. But still, Azuma's comments stuck with Luna, "He's expendable?" Nerissa thought to herself, "What would make him think that? Why would he think that?"

Within the Hangar, the Polaris had been moved into another area where it underwent more repairs than planned. This was at the orders of Ricardo Victorious, Gale's father.

Repairs to multiple layers of armor, soon the image of the Polaris began to change.

"In this current state, the Polaris has even gained two more meters in height. Choice of armor and layout would also benefit it. It'll be able to throw hits and can even table them. Raven's mace and its knuckle guards won't tear into the armor." Renato explained.

"Polaris Mk. II."

"Gale's overall sync rate is still in the high eighties, at most and with the limiters on, he'll only reach 90." Helena added, "Is this cheating, Renato?" She asked.

"Looking over the Raven so that we can prepare Gale for it?" Renato shrugged, "Probably. The maintenance groups were paid for this, it's only a job, and on that note,"