Prelude Part 3

Reader's POV

"I wouldn't be so sure, child of the moon!"

I freeze as the titan says that. Then, the realization hits me – Jason and the rest of the teenagers he brought with him don't know who I am, and with the fact that Krios just called me a "child of the moon," they might realize who my mother is. And she is a maiden goddess, or at least should be, so I shouldn't exactly be alive. I look up at Jason to see his reaction, and I see shock and surprise in his eyes, along with something else, but I can't figure out what it is. Suddenly out the corner of my eye, I see an arrow shoot towards us and catch it millimetres away from piercing Jason's chest.

Of course, he said that to distract us from the skeleton archer sneaking up on us. I mean that is what monsters do, they attack you, forcing you to focus on them and allowing another to stab you in the back literally. I quickly lower my hand with the arrow, stand up, pull my bow off my back, and fire the arrow back at it, making the skeleton turn to dust and return to Tartarus, the pit for monsters in the underworld. While I do this, Jason starts attacking Krios, sometimes missing, other times landing a blow chipping his armour.

Jason's POV

"I wouldn't be so sure, child of the moon!"

The titan says that, and I stop, look up at him, my muscles tensing. My mind becomes clouded with shock, surprise, and betrayal – she obviously knew about this. Y/n hasn't told me who she is, or why she's here. I know we can trust her, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that there's only one god, or goddess, that has power over the moon – Diana. And as far as I know, she is a maiden goddess, so doesn't have children. I look down at her, and notice confusion and surprise in her eyes, but for some reason I also see guilt in them.

Suddenly, her hand shoots out and catches an arrow millimetres away from going through my chest. I don't have time to wonder how she knew it was there as she stands up, draws her bow and shoots the arrow at a skeleton that I didn't notice. As soon as she stands up, I pull my sword off the titan's and continue the fight. I slash and jab at him, trying to get a hit in. I mostly miss or he blocks my strikes, but when I do land my hits, it chips his armour. I smile while continuing the fight, and soon y/n joins in, and gradually we wear down his armour, leading him to take it off. This is going to be easy now.