66 | apparently, i have a cooler quirk than bakugo

Y/n walked in after Uraraka, her eyes surveying the room, falling on the two people being treated in the back. Her heart sank.

They were currently hiding out in a warehouse along with all the islanders. She'd been helping question the villain they'd captured thanks to Bakugo blasting him off, but he wouldn't utter a word to them despite all their questions. Uraraka had suggested to go check on the injured to take a break from the frustration.

''Todoroki, how are Deku and the others?'' Uraraka asked. Y/n's eyes moved from Bakugo's limp body to Todoroki.

''They're still unconscious,'' he said. ''The doctors are treating them.

There was a doctor stationed at each boy, their hands glowing as they tried to repair the damage. Bakugo's ribs were either really bruised or broken, they'd told her earlier. They couldn't tell without any equipment that was all the way back in the hospital. Both Bakugo and Midoriya were covered in bandages on their upper bodies and arms.

Uraraka moved, snapping Y/n from her trance. The two walked over to where Midoriya and Bakugo lay, kneeling in front of them. ''Thank you for the help,'' she said as she held on the tray with food she'd brought for the injured and the medics.

The two doctors stopped their healing to look at the girls. ''Sorry. With our Quirks we are hardly able to close their wounds,'' the man admitted. ''There's nothing we can do about their fractures.''

''For that it's necessary to take them to the hospital,'' the woman added.

Y/n looked down at Bakugo. At his lifeless, beaten and bruised body. ''There's no way to bring them there now, is there?''

''We can help with that.'' Y/n's head snapped back, her eyes falling on the two kids she'd protected earlier. The girl held the boy by the shoulders; the boy looked nervous. ''Katsuma's Quirk has the power to activate cells. We don't know if it could help with the wounds, but . . .''

The boy rushed forward, breaking away from his sister's grip. ''They got hurt trying to save us! That's why . . .''

Everyone fell silent as they watched the little kid. Y/n felt a sense of relief pass through her. ''We would appreciate it, little one.'' The male doctor said.

The boy ran over immediately, crouching between Bakugo and Midoriya's futons. He put a hand each on their arms, his face reading only determination. His hands glowed a calming green.

Hours passed and people slowly started leaving. Most were gathered to sleep in the main area of the warehouse, but Katsuma stayed by Bakugo and Midoriya's side, his Quirk never wavering. His sister, Mahoro, remained, and so did Y/n. She couldn't leave the two kids out here alone. And she didn't really want to leave Bakugo's side, either.

She'd moved to sit by their hands, watching as the boy worked. His sister sat on Bakugo's side, concert on her face. ''Katsuma, at least get some sleep,'' she said.

''I don't want to.'' Katsuma shook his head. ''I must go on.''

''But . . .''

''I must go on!''

''Hey, kid, if you're really starting to tire out, you should take a break,'' Y/n agreed with Mahoro. ''Overusing your Quirk could be dangerous, especially for someone as young as you.''

''No!'' Katsuma closed his eyes. ''Heroes don't give up!''

His Quirk seemed to intensify. Bakugo and Midoriya's bodies both glowed as they stirred, their eyes squeezing. Y/n's eyes widened. ''Holy—'' She didn't finish. There were kids in the room.

Bakugo's eyes started opening first. Y/n gasped, leaning over him. ''Katsuki?'' She tried to keep her voice soft, not wanting to startle him first thing after gaining consciousness. ''Katsuki, are you okay?''